Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mapping or offset values for dim ranges

Hi,

I'm using many of the fibaro Dimmer 2 devices.
    One issue that I have and don't know how to resolve is one of dimming ranges, or rather the dimming range one expects vs actual.

For example, If the Fibaro Dimmer is controlling 2 or 3 bulbs, and it has tested and set the optimal dimming range to be between 4 and 65, then using anything outside of these ranges results in no change to the light output. In fact, the Fibaro Dimmer 2 actually maxes out at 98%, so If I use Alexa to turn on a bulb to 100% it doesn't work, I have to say set to 98%! Which is crazy and very low on everyones' acceptance factor.

There must be a way to take the various ranges created by the dimmer module and apply it to a 0-100% range in Homeseer?

Anyone? Hope that makes sense, because at the moment it's a bit crap how it works.

That's strange. In any case, can you define a scene in Alexa where you set the phrase and then you execute an event in HS to set it to the 98%?

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      That's strange. In any case, can you define a scene in Alexa where you set the phrase and then you execute an event in HS to set it to the 98%?
      Thanks but that wouldn't work very well.

So lets say the Fibaro Dimmer sets a dim range of between 4-65

Homeseer assumes a dim ranger of 0-100% or 1-100% maybe...

When you say Alexa set brightness to 50%, Homeseer sets it to 50% of 100 and not 50% of 65. So now our light is actually reduced by 23% and not 50%... (excuse my math is I'm wrong )

I could set a routine with Alexa, but I'd have to set one for every possible percentage range because I have no idea of what dim percentage the household people will ask for.
      So there must be a better way.

Comment

You could just change the device values for the dimmer in HS so that the dim range is 1 - 97% and on is 98% that way when you ask Alexa to turn it on it will go to 98%
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
          You could just change the device values for the dimmer in HS so that the dim range is 1 - 97% and on is 98% that way when you ask Alexa to turn it on it will go to 98%
          I'll play around with that. Thanks

Comment

When the Fibaro does it's self-configuration and sets a range, that's an internal range.

Let's say for example it finds your lights work best between 4% and 82%.

1-99 is then scaled WITHIN that range.

For example 1% would actually be 4%, 2% would probably be say 4.7%, right up to 99% being 82%.

So using your example, if HomeSeer is set to 50% then the Fibaro IS doing 50%... but internally it is doing the REAL 50% which for my 4% (dimmest) to 82% (brightest) example would be 39%. You needed worry about this as your HS 50% results in the Fibaro producing the actual 50% brightness you wanted. Thus 1% really will be the minimum level your lights support and 99% will be the maximum they support and inbetween is whatever actual brightness you wanted.

99% is 100%, hard to explain that one in English but from a technical perspective 99% is full brightness and then you have 100 which is ON which is also 255.

Why Alexa isn't liking 100 I'm not sure... but it shouldn't be related to the internal mapping the Fibaro does.

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
            But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
            I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
              When the Fibaro does it's self-configuration and sets a range, that's an internal range.

Let's say for example it finds your lights work best between 4% and 82%.

1-99 is then scaled WITHIN that range.

For example 1% would actually be 4%, 2% would probably be say 4.7%, right up to 99% being 82%.

So using your example, if HomeSeer is set to 50% then the Fibaro IS doing 50%... but internally it is doing the REAL 50% which for my 4% (dimmest) to 82% (brightest) example would be 39%. You needed worry about this as your HS 50% results in the Fibaro producing the actual 50% brightness you wanted. Thus 1% really will be the minimum level your lights support and 99% will be the maximum they support and inbetween is whatever actual brightness you wanted.

99% is 100%, hard to explain that one in English but from a technical perspective 99% is full brightness and then you have 100 which is ON which is also 255.

Why Alexa isn't liking 100 I'm not sure... but it shouldn't be related to the internal mapping the Fibaro does.
              Oh I see thanks.

I'm actually using ha-bridge for alexa integration, but all that does it take the percentage I ask for and push it to Homeseer so it should work based on what you have said.
              However, if I say to alexa dim the lights to 50%, the light hardly changes at all, the dim level is barely changed. At 50% I would expect a much bigger jump.
              However, if I say Alexa dim lights to 30%, I see the change I would expect, this says to me that the Fibaro internal range is being referenced!

Comment

Originally posted by SmartyPants View Post

Oh I see thanks.

I'm actually using ha-bridge for alexa integration, but all that does it take the percentage I ask for and push it to Homeseer so it should work based on what you have said.
                However, if I say to alexa dim the lights to 50%, the light hardly changes at all, the dim level is barely changed. At 50% I would expect a much bigger jump.
                However, if I say Alexa dim lights to 30%, I see the change I would expect, this says to me that the Fibaro internal range is being referenced!
                If you set it to 50% directly in HomeSeer what do you get? Same brightness level as via Alexa?

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
                But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
                I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Working...
                X