Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ksum
    replied
    I would at a virtual device you can turn on/off which would normally be on. If that is on, make the other checks. If it is off, fo nothing. This way you have a device you turn on/off to allow you to watch something late, you can. On that device, set user access if you need to.

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    Thank you enigmatheatre, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    I totally get what you are saying and trying to acheive... I'm simply pointing out that kids are inventive and will find a work around (like the time my kid hacked into our wifi while being punished). If you are detecting whether the TV is turned on via the Harmony/remote, what's to stop them from simply walking over to the TV and using the manual power button on it?

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    My thought is that since it is during the time window when ever the systems turns on it will be turned off. My goal is to have a rule that I can disable with one click when I want to watch something late .

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    NC-Lou if that is your actual use case, couldn't they just turn on the TV manually at the console? IMO a couple of better ways to achieve this would be:

A) Install a Z-wave wall socket by the TV and cut power to it on a schedule.
    B) If your TV is fairly recent and has parental controls built-in, you might be able to program them via TCP-IP. There are few brands/models that have HS Plug-ins.

Just some thoughts from a parent who's been in the trenches (thankfully mine are legal now and can do whatever the heck they want)

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by NC-Lou View Post
    Thank you, that worked, but not exactly what I want. I am making a set of 'Curfew' rules, so that if I see a TV on during a curfew window it will turn off the devices. The Device values rules seem to only work if the device's value was just changed (looks like the on for at least option has been deprecated). Any ideas on how I could create an event to do this.

Thanks,
    Lou

Some thing like:

if Harmony Hub-Current Activity is WatchTV

AND IF Time is Greater than 12 AM
    AND IF Time is Less than 4 AM
    Then
    Set Harmony Hub-Current Activity to OFF
    Just use "A Recurring Trigger Happens"

The event will automatically trigger every 1m, 0s
    AND IF Harmony Hub-Current Activity is WatchTV
    Then

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    Thank you, that worked, but not exactly what I want. I am making a set of 'Curfew' rules, so that if I see a TV on during a curfew window it will turn off the devices. The Device values rules seem to only work if the device's value was just changed (looks like the on for at least option has been deprecated). Any ideas on how I could create an event to do this.

Thanks,
    Lou

Some thing like:

if Harmony Hub-Current Activity is WatchTV

Then

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    The time condition can't be your first trigger as Demusman's example shows.

Here is another example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1417340

The reasoning is that if a certain time is the initial trigger then HS4 has to continuously check the time, which eats CPU cycles. Unless it's a singular point in time, like sunrise, 2am, etc, a time-range should be a conditional element.

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    Select The Time Is... under Trigger. It will show another drop down of selections.

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    replied
    Thank you, but I do not see those options in HS4:

Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeCapture.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	1417335

Is there a different menu I should be looking at?

Thanks for your help,
    Lou

Leave a comment:

• Demusman
    replied
    IF {the trigger happens}
    AND IF the time is after 12 am
    AND IF the time is before 4am
    THEN {whatever you want}

Leave a comment:

• NC-Lou
    started a topic How to run an event during a specific time window

How to run an event during a specific time window

Hi,

I want to have an event that runs between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM every day. If a trigger happens during this time window I want to run specific actions, if not during this time window I do not want to run the actions.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,
    Lou
Working...
X