Run an event when homeseer starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run an event when homeseer starts

I would like to make sure a Z-wave appliance module is turned on when homeseer restarts. I have my arduino mega connected to a Z-wave appliance module and it is always on. I have it connected to an appliance module to cycle the power if I lose internet connection. When HS3 restarts, the Z-wave module sometimes turns off. Even if have it included in power up recovery, it does not always remain on. Is there any way to have a control (when HS3 starts) to run an event?

Thanks in advance,

Ronnie

1) Make an Event, manually triggered, to turn on the device. Call the Event "Initialize". You will probably find several other things in the future that you will want to initialize on startup.
    2) Add a line to the script named Startup.vb to run Event "Initialize".

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      1)2) Add a line to the script named Startup.vb to run Event "Initialize".
      In case it isn't obvious, there is a section at the end of the file 'Startup.vb' (in the Scripts subfolder) where you can add your own commands. In addition to running a startup event, I also open a serial port. My event to run at startup is called "Startup Stuff":
      ' You may add your own commands to this script.
      ' See the scripting section of the HomeSeer help system for more information.
      ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clicking the HELP button,
      ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer system.

hs.OpenComPortTerm(21, "9600,N,8,1", 1, "Data_GetSG_ASCII.vb", "Main", "$")

hs.TriggerEvent("Startup Stuff")
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I will set it up tonight.

Thanks again,

Ronnie

Comment

Working...
        X