No announcement yet.

Homeseer on Sailboat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the graphic Jon, thank you! I did get set up and am getting closer, but there maybe are some issues with the Homeseer/Mimo2+ interface. For example, when the bilge pump starts, the HS log indicates that the MIMO Root sensor is set to "OFF". When the pump stops, the log indicates that the sensor is set to "ON". This obviously is reversed but I can't find any way to get it to correctly report first on, then off. Since the event is triggered by any change in status though, Jon's script is triggered by the pump coming on. But with the parameters set to "Main","1;DV" neither the virtual timer nor the counter are triggered. In other words, the DV parameter doesn't seem to poll the Mimo. Interestingly though, if I instead use a parameter of 1 (instead of DV) to turn the counter on when the Sig is charged, that works and both timer and counter are triggered. But I can't then find a way to turn the timer off with a separate 0 parameter instruction. I did try having the event triggered with the device changed to s specific value or range, but the HS event doesn't seem to accept anything but a number for a value or range. I saw that the number 255 was associated with ON in the advanced tab of the device, but that too wasn't actually working. Bottom line is that if I trigger the on and off events with 1 and 0 parameters, Jon's script works fine. I just can't seem to plug in the right values in Homeseer to recognize what is coming through from the Mimo. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas to try, please let me know.

Comment

It's good that you're forward thinking and doing this. My buddies boat sank in our marina this year due to water coming in from a storm. Which is somewhat silly because we are in a pond compared to boats being in the ocean. Lake is 10 miles tip to tip. So, relatively small, and storms not as severe as possible from weather on the ocean.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
        Loved the graphic Jon, thank you! I did get set up and am getting closer, but there maybe are some issues with the Homeseer/Mimo2+ interface. For example, when the bilge pump starts, the HS log indicates that the MIMO Root sensor is set to "OFF". When the pump stops, the log indicates that the sensor is set to "ON". This obviously is reversed but I can't find any way to get it to correctly report first on, then off. Since the event is triggered by any change in status though, Jon's script is triggered by the pump coming on. But with the parameters set to "Main","1;DV" neither the virtual timer nor the counter are triggered. In other words, the DV parameter doesn't seem to poll the Mimo. Interestingly though, if I instead use a parameter of 1 (instead of DV) to turn the counter on when the Sig is charged, that works and both timer and counter are triggered. But I can't then find a way to turn the timer off with a separate 0 parameter instruction. I did try having the event triggered with the device changed to s specific value or range, but the HS event doesn't seem to accept anything but a number for a value or range. I saw that the number 255 was associated with ON in the advanced tab of the device, but that too wasn't actually working. Bottom line is that if I trigger the on and off events with 1 and 0 parameters, Jon's script works fine. I just can't seem to plug in the right values in Homeseer to recognize what is coming through from the Mimo. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas to try, please let me know.
        Have you checked the device values of the Mimo with the two states (pump off and on)?

Once we know that, it should be simple to resolve.
        Jon

Comment

When the pump is running the status of the device in HS shows 0=Off. When the pump stops running, the status returns to 255=On.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarner View Post
            When the pump is running the status of the device in HS shows 0=Off. When the pump stops running, the status returns to 255=On.
            OK, so you call it as before:

"Main","1;DV"

Just add the following to the DeviceOnRange setting:

DeviceOnRange=255

Hopefully, all should be good.
            Jon

Comment

Making that change does seem to solve the timer issue. Although since the MIMO reports "Off" when it's on and "ON" when it's off, it seems like the instruction should be DeviceOnRange=0. Doing this does seem to accurately track the total time that the pump runs. However, using the 1;DV parameter means that the counter won't trigger.

Comment

In that case, create two events triggered by the mimo device; one for on and another for off.

Call the script as follows:

For on 1;1
                For off 1;0
                Jon

Comment

OK, it seems I am able to get it this to work the way I want by going back to separate event triggers. Trigger 1 has a range of 0 to 0 (Off as far as the MIMO is concerned, but the pump running) and uses a sub parameter of 1;1. The second trigger with a range of 255 to 255 (On as far as the Mimo is concerned but the pump off) and has a sub parameter of 1;0. The first trigger runs the script, the timer starts and counter triggers. The timer never seems to show time until the pump actually stops -- but that's probably not an issue. Not sure why I can't get the counter working with 1;DV but it is likely something with the Mimo and not sure why the Mimo reports on when it's off and vice versa. Nevertheless, I'm happy to have it do what it's supposed to do!

Comment

Sorry Jon. Didn't see your post while I was testing, but yes that is exactly what I did and I got there. The oddities of the MIMO interface may be where others have reported that it doesn't play well with Homesser. Thank you again for your patience.

Comment

The counter/timer will only update when the script is run. Just run the script without any parameters to update. Look at the bottom of page 2 in the docs (in red).
                      Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X