Speaker Client through MYHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Client through MYHS

Is it possible to connect the speaker client installed on a laptop remotely say through MyHS?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Now that's gone technical!

Do you mean when using a browser, HStouch Windows, or the Speaker on its own?

I think no! Because even HStouch Windows may not connect. I may be wrong!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Correct HS touch installed on windows 10 will not connect using Myhs I meant Speaker Client on its own.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have not found a way to do this. Best that I could come up with is bring one of my tablets to work with me and use HSTouch do the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          Correct HS touch installed on windows 10 will not connect using Myhs I meant Speaker Client on its own.
          It misses bunch of ingredients to function on it's own. Say for example you use that link "https://connected2homeseer.com/...........xxxxx............. You see?
          Yes, you have the login details but............. Unless you are suggesting a new service (one you can plug in your Tesla .........)

Eman

Comment

Huh? What am I missing here? You have Speaker Client installed stand-alone on a laptop. You want it to say something. Fire an event with a "Speak Something" action that includes that Client in your Client List. What's so hard?

Jim Speiser
            35-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
              Huh? What am I missing here? You have Speaker Client installed stand-alone on a laptop. You want it to say something. Fire an event with a "Speak Something" action that includes that Client in your Client List. What's so hard?

Over the internet?......... I would imagine a lot of people here wanting one for their Tesla

Eman.

Comment

Um....yes....over the Internet. Via MyHS. .....???

Jim Speiser
                Still don't know squat

Comment

Um....yes....over the Internet. Via MyHS. .....???
                  Yes, hence post #1 Pleaseeee!

Eman

Comment

Wait a sec....lemme think this through....you're offsite, logged in to MyHS on your laptop, which has Speaker Client running...you trigger an event with a Speak phrase...do you hear it on your laptop? I could swear I've done this and heard the Speak phrase. But now that I think about it, if you're offsite and accessing through the public-side...your laptop Speaker client can't possibly be registered in the Client List. OK, I'll go away now.

Jim Speiser
                    Still don't know squat

Comment

Wait a sec....lemme think this through....you're offsite, logged in to MyHS on your laptop, which has Speaker Client running...you trigger an event with a Speak phrase...do you hear it on your laptop? I could swear I've done this and heard the Speak phrase. But now that I think about it, if you're offsite and accessing through the public-side...your laptop Speaker client can't possibly be registered in the Client List. OK, I'll go away now.
                      Just connect it but don't know if it's safe.

Look at my post at #5

You know what? ...........I think it might work.... But is it safe??

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Just connect it but don't if it's safe.

Look at my post at #5

You know what? ...........I think it might work.... But is it safe??

Eman.
                        Safe from what? Someone hacking the connection?

I just tried it too, it does work, and the laptop shows up in the Connected Clients list. I unchecked "Login Local", that seemed to do it.

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

Safe from what? Someone hacking the connection?

I just tried it too, it does work, and the laptop shows up in the Connected Clients list. I unchecked "Login Local", that seemed to do it.
                          Yes,

I meant hackers...................

Eman

Comment

Now there you go! Gogs Your prayers might have been answered! But check with HST if it's a good idea........

And sure I would prefer that idea instead of HStouch. I would prefer the system notify me if any issues. The BLSpeech plugin would eat that for dinner

Please HST create an Android speaker App!!

Did we just stumble on accidental AI............?. And ghosts from the past ...... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...d-car?t=180792

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                            X