Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to control multiple lights at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to control multiple lights at once?

Is there a way to group devices to control multiple lights at once?

I would like to create a group of all of the lights in a room, this way I can send a off or on command to the group and have them all turn on or off without having to do them individually. Is there any mechanism in HomeSeer to accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Lou

Go to YouTube and search HomeSeer Linked Devices. Or syncing dimmers together.

Eman
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Yes there are several ways to accomplish this. You can create an event that lists each device and sets them to on/off. I use this method for room level control of my lights. All my switches/dimmers are central scene devices. My default is to set double tap down to turn all that room's lights off.

You can also use easytrigger to create groups and control the entire group with an event. I use easytrigger for my global all lights on and all lights off for the entire house. The nice thing about easytrigger is you can set it to only update a switch/dimmer if it results in a change. ie a light that's off wont be sent an off command which cuts down a bit on zwave traffic and speeds up execution.

Finally homeseer still has scenes; The scene can be called with an event or deployed to a scene capable controller. A scene capable controller operates independently of homeseer. think a remote button controller, or a scene capable switch.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 449
      Number of Events: 210

Plug-Ins: Arduino, BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, WeatherXML, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Or create a virtual device that controls the group of lights

Comment

Hi, thank you for the information. A couple of follow-ups

1 - EasyTrigger - I looked into it and it seems that groups might not be compatible with HS4. Do you know is HS4 and EasyTrigger will allow groups?

2 - When creating a virtual device would it be device and two events like this
          Create: virtualRoomDevice

Event 1: If virtualRoomDevice changes to ON
          Set device1 to ON
          Set device2 to ON
          etc..

Event 2: If virtualRoomDevice changes to OFF
          Set device1 to OFF
          Set device2 to OFF
          etc..

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by NC-Lou View Post
            Hi, thank you for the information. A couple of follow-ups

1 - EasyTrigger - I looked into it and it seems that groups might not be compatible with HS4. Do you know is HS4 and EasyTrigger will allow groups?

2 - When creating a virtual device would it be device and two events like this
            Create: virtualRoomDevice

Event 1: If virtualRoomDevice changes to ON
            Set device1 to ON
            Set device2 to ON
            etc..

Event 2: If virtualRoomDevice changes to OFF
            Set device1 to OFF
            Set device2 to OFF
            etc..

Thank you
            Correct!

The virtual device actions (status) too can come / intiated from other events or on status of other devices should you choose.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X