Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a limit on the number of events that can trigger from a device change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a limit on the number of events that can trigger from a device change?

Hi,

I am trying to debug a routine that I am writing. I have the following set up:

IF Motion Sensor has value set to Motion THEN set virtualDevice to ON

IF virtualDevice has value set to ON
    THEN Start Timer

IF virtualDevice has value set to ON AND IF Time is after 10 PM
    THEN set Light to ON

IF virtualDevice has value set to ON AND IF Time is 10 M before sunrise
    THEN set Light to ON

For some reason the later two events never seems to fire, which leads me to my question. Is there a limit on the number of events that can trigger from a single action?

Thanks,
    Lou

Originally posted by NC-Lou View Post
    Is there a limit on the number of events that can trigger from a single action?
    No.

The reason your events do not trigger is more likely to be because HS is evaluating the triggers and conditions differently than you expect.

The last event will not trigger unless the virtual device is set to On at EXACTLY 10 minutes before sunrise, which is probably not what you intend.
    I think what you want is something like:
    If the time is 10 min before sunrise
    And If the virtual device is On
    Then turn on light

The next to last event should run if the virtual device is set to on between 10 PM and midnight. Is that what you want to happen?

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X