No announcement yet.

Failed sending Z-Wave command to device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rjh Understood. This was the result of restoring. the files was ".nodes" as that was what was offered. Shouldn't it be ".zwave"?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 10-26-21 at 01.46 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	1504475

Comment

Expand the info for the interface, what is the interface version? There is an update to the z-wave plugin in the works that should be posted by tomorrow that allows restoring to older interfaces.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      rjh Understood. This was the result of restoring. the files was ".nodes" as that was what was offered. Shouldn't it be ".zwave"?

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 10-26-21 at 01.46 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	1504475
      website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

rjh It says Ethernet Interface.

But while I have you on the phone... Using the new UI I can only access one of my two z-nets. Using the older UI I can access either one, although I need to refresh the browser HS to move from one to the other since the info from one interface ends up in the other one as well. It's been like that for years, since HS3.

Comment

Go into the core plugin, controller management page.

rjh It says Ethernet Interface.

But while I have you on the phone... Using the new UI I can only access one of my two z-nets. Using the older UI I can access either one, although I need to refresh the browser HS to move from one to the other since the info from one interface ends up in the other one as well. It's been like that for years, since HS3.

Comment

Been there, done that. That's where I backed up both z-nets but still get the too old message. Should I be using the old .zwave file that's created at the same time or should I wait for an update.

Comment

I would like to see the version of your interface and you can get that by expanding the interface on the older management page.

Been there, done that. That's where I backed up both z-nets but still get the too old message. Should I be using the old .zwave file that's created at the same time or should I wait for an update.

Comment

rjh Honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. But maybe t Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 10-26-21 at 03.56 PM.PNG
Views:	63
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	1504522 his?

Comment

The Lib Version is what I am looking for and its 4.05. The next update we post for the plugin will allow you to restore to that interface. I hope it will be posted tomorrow.

I did post just the plugin EXE to this forum if you want to manually install it:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...60#post1496360

Comment

rjh I'll wait for the release, thanks. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I'll force myself.

I couldn't help myself. I just shutdown HS4, replaced the exe and all seems fine. Except, I though now I should be able to restore the .nodes file but now what I can do is restore the .zwave file. Is that what's intended? If so, I'm good.

Comment

How do I know what chip is in a particular device such as a WD-100 or WD-200 dimmer?

And... How do I optimize a single device since when I go to the root of a device I don't have a z-wave tab.???

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 10-26-21 at 06.06 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	1504560

Comment

Look at the Z-Wave node info page from the Z-Wave menu. Look for the ZDK version. 5=300 series, 6=500 series, 7=700 series. Anything else (or blank) is probably the original 100 series.

You posted a picture of the HS3 tab, click on a device from the HS4 devices page and see if you have a Z-Wave tab there. The Z-Wave plugin must be enabled and working for the tab to appear.

How do I know what chip is in a particular device such as a WD-100 or WD-200 dimmer?

And... How do I optimize a single device since when I go to the root of a device I don't have a z-wave tab.???

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 10-26-21 at 06.06 PM.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.9 KB ID:	1504560

Comment

rjh I do have a Z-wave UI tab but I can't optimize from there. I can only set parameters.

If I go to Z-wave > Advanced Functions, I can optimize but it appears I can only optimize the z-net, not a particular device (not sure how that works or if I'm describing it properly). If I click on Z-wave > Node Information, I go back to the HS3 screen.

And with the newer way I still don't see a way to select the other z-net in my system within HS4 menus.

Comment

After moving to a Hometroller Pro and Windows from a Linux HS4 SEL, I noticed this lag immediately. I have 21 plugs that reports energy, temp, humidity, etc. and the Aeon Labs Energy Meter for the 2 phases coming to the house. They are all set to report at their longest interval; for some the longest interval is 6 minutes and they simply send temp. The aeon Labs Energy Meter send the most information (6 items) every 15 minutes. So, about every 2 minutes there is a report. I have a bunch of remote buttons that are attached to events to turn on fans, lights, HVAC etc.
                            I suspected the lag was associated with the energy/temp reports right away but looking at the logs and testing the buttons I could see that the button press events were received immediately; even in the middle of a report from a sensor. The delay in executing the event was never the same AND if I set the related device manually in the devices page, the device would turn on or off immediately; so no delay there.
                            Z-Seer reports a well optimized network and all the routes appear to be very direct. Only a few are relaying commands.
                            I suspected that what might be happening was HS4's adding or optimizing or doing something with the energy database. Indeed, if I moved the energy.db file before opening HS4, forcing it to start another one, the delay disappeared completely. That is, it disappeared for a while.... As the energy.db grows in size so does the delay. This result is completely repeatable. Try it. You can always put energy.db back while HS4 is shut down.
                            As well if you disconnect the energy reporting devices; so nothing is added to the energy.db there is no lag. As you add the devices back, the delay starts again after a day or so. Only adding back one or two devices tends to minimize the delay, but when you have them all reporting it seems to overwhelm the system responsiveness no matter how infrequently they report.
                            I'm not sure this is what others have going on but it definitely holds true for my system. I think the developers assume you will only have one reporting device. Maybe the Hometroller Pro is just underpowered and a more powerful processor would solve this, don't know...
                            I have written "core" support many times regarding these energy reporting issues (and others energy device issues like the device name not appearing to select what devices you want to see in the graph - node numbers instead appear) but they are never answered and if I escalate the tickets, they are deleted with not so much as a reply. I called HS to ask why they were deleting my tickets and was told that when a ticket is escalated it goes to a supervisor to address. So, I have to assume that the supervisor is deleting the tickets and that he just hopes I will forget about it and go away. Nice. Very nice...

Comment

Updating previous post: I disabled the Z-Wave UI PI, then I restarted HS4. Now I can access the regular z-wave functions as they would look in HS3.

Now that I can optimize a device, I realize I want to only optimize some series 5 or newer devices. I assume that means that battery operated devices will seek the mains powered units to be able to hop back to one of the z-nets. I think I'm finally on my way to a better performing system.

Comment

Working...
                              X