Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooper 5-button Controller and Homeseer dimmer switch synchronization??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper 5-button Controller and Homeseer dimmer switch synchronization??

Hoping someone can help me – I’ve tried this before and failed, but hoping to finally succeed.
    I have a cooper 5-button controller. I want to be able to be able to control/synchronize a light on a Homeseer dimmer switch. i.e. I want to be able to turn that light on and off by hitting button number 1 on the cooper controller. SUCCESS – I created an association on button 1 with that homeseer switch. I can press button 1 – the led on the button comes on and the light turns on as well. Good stuff. I can press the button again and turn the light off, and the LED on the button turns off.

Here’s where the trouble starts – when I intermingle using the actual wall switch and the controller button, the results are mixed:
    If the light is ON, (after being turned on by the controller button) and I turn the light OFF at the actual homeseer switch, the Cooper controller button 1 LED turns off as desired.
    If the light is OFF, and I turn the light ON at the actual homeseer switch, the Cooper controller button 1 LED does not respond to that action and it does not turn ON as desired.

I’ve tried to create events to force the controller button 1 LED on when the light switch is changed to any non-0 value…and even if I put a delay on that event, it will then turn the LED on – but if I try to turn the light off, I am in an infinite loop where the controller button apparently keeps turning the light on when I try to turn it off!

I simply want to be able to control the light on/off from that controller switch, and conversely if I turn the light on or off with the Homeseer light switch, I want the Cooper controller button 1 to reflect the actual status of the light, so it is in sync..

Anyone out there have any suggestions? I had it working in HS3, but I cannot get it to work in HS4!!

Thanks in advance!

Ed
Working...
X