Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to manage a remote HS4 on a PI running linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Guessing you can now SSH to the RPi. If using Windows to access your RPi many folks utilize Putty and WinSCP.

Many folks here utilize Jon00 links application to massage the interface such that it looks like HS3 a bit.

Click image for larger version Name:	jon00links.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.6 KB ID:	1486492
    Morning Pete,

Yes, SSH is fine to the RPi - Using Putty (have used it in past lives as you know lol).

I was wondering how some had the title bar looking like HS2/3 when it's clearly gone in HS4... Guess Jon00 has that covered. I'll look into his mod as well. I also like the legacy look/feel better than the default HS4 web.
    Oh, just to update, the Pi is seeing the W800 (or at least the FTDI serial cable) on ttyUSB0, so I just need to pony up some $$$ for a plugin and I think I'm going with RFXCom as he is actively supporting and upgrading/updating it. Looking forward to getting some of my legacy X10 motion, door and keyfob stuff setup this weekend.

Thank you again for helping with some direction while I refind my sea legs LOL! Have a good day.
    DTP

Comment

Working...
    X