Need help with an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with an event

I have two virtual devices, one device is set for people occupancy on or off and the other for Motion on and off. I have challenge with this event. I would like to turn the switch off if I have a motion in the house or people. Would this event work the way I wrote it?
    As a side note, the people occupancy works off the WIFI connection with each phone in a different event. Sometime, the people occupancy device will turn off 5 to 10 minutes after an individual leave the house.
    Attached Files

So the Virtual Motion Occupancy is ON - That means no one is there? Should it not be the other way around?

Comment

Good point, I want to turn the camera off when we are in the house and otherwise when we are not. The T-Mobile switch will physically turn the camera off or on. I have a similar event that does the opposite of this event.

Comment

I think you may have too many conditions of the same trigger. This can sometimes cause issues in Homeseer with repeat actions. "Changes and Becomes" ON should trigger your CONTROL A DEVICE action.

Subsequently you can create two separate events. If "Motion Virtual People Occupancy" changes and becomes on then "Run another event" and create the event with wait period you want.

Comment

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
          I think you may have too many conditions of the same trigger. This can sometimes cause issues in Homeseer with repeat actions. "Changes and Becomes" ON should trigger your CONTROL A DEVICE action.

Subsequently you can create two separate events. If "Motion Virtual People Occupancy" changes and becomes on then "Run another event" and create the event with wait period you want.
          If nothing else that simplifies it.

Comment

alphatech,

Wouldn't this work...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_105000.png Views:	0 Size:	174.1 KB ID:	1495952

Roger D

Comment

Roger, that is actually a good question, I had the exact event like that, not sure why I changed to the othe one. To be honest with you, I was not sure my event was done right and since you guys are more expert than me, I was trying to get your feedback. With these events is hard to check if they work. Motion and people need to be off for them to be triggered off and on. With motion as an example, it will take 20 minutes before non movement to trigger the virtual device off

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

With motion as an example, it will take 20 minutes before non movement to trigger the virtual device off
                Which motion sensor do you have? Is it capable of adjusting the no motion time?

Comment

BLRadar, I can adjust the time as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X