Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZEN32 HS4 How to use Scene Control toggle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZEN32 HS4 How to use Scene Control toggle?

I was able to use a Scene Control button to toggle a VirtualSwitch, but it appears you cannot reuse that button, until some other button is pushed next. Has anyone been able to clear "Last button or scene" so that we can use the button to say toggle a VirtualSwitch On & then Off, & then On? HS4 Pro 4.2.0.0 Thank you!

You can add an action to your event that sets the central scene back to some unused or idle value. I created a new value/status pair with value 0 and status "No Scene", but any unused value would work. In your event triggered by the central scene change, add the following immediate script to the central scene value to No Scene. Replace 3029 with your central scene feature device reference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	24.2 KB ID:	1496686

I actually do it in a separate event that's basically the following:

IF scene controller value is set and is <> 0
    THEN run immediate script to set it back to 0

This way I don't have to add the immediate script to every event that uses the central scene feature.
    -Wade

Comment

I've been trying to solve this problem and I had seen someone mention a script a while back but I have been unable to get one to work until I saw the "immediate command" setting which has done the trick. Setting it up as a separate event as you've done it is a very smart way to go about it.

THANK YOU for writing about this.

In the interest of pushing the envelope, any suggestions on how to populate a field somewhere (maybe a virtual device) so I can see what central scene was last pressed (that I no longer see in the central scene device when this script is run).

Comment

Deleted - misinterpreted question.

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
          I've been trying to solve this problem and I had seen someone mention a script a while back but I have been unable to get one to work until I saw the "immediate command" setting which has done the trick. Setting it up as a separate event as you've done it is a very smart way to go about it.

THANK YOU for writing about this.

In the interest of pushing the envelope, any suggestions on how to populate a field somewhere (maybe a virtual device) so I can see what central scene was last pressed (that I no longer see in the central scene device when this script is run).
          Two options come to mind. Create a virtual device to hold the value then either use EasyTrigger's action Set Device to Another Device or the following immediate script.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1496947
          This example sets device with ref 2628 to value of device with ref 2629.

Might want to add a 1 second wait after setting the virtual device value and before the reset action to be sure things happen in the right order.
          -Wade

Comment

Thank you! Wade's "Command", and a 1 second wait, seems to have resolved my issue.

Comment

Thank you.

I've implemented based on the advice here using easytrigger to set the string of a new virtual device whenever the central scene changes followed by the return of the central scene to a 0 value 2 seconds later. I also used the device grouping utility from Jon00 to bring together the new virtual device into the same device grouping as the Zen32.

Name:	event.PNG
Views:	40
Size:	186.4 KB
ID:	1497469

Name:	deviceview.png
Views:	80
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1497468

Comment

Working...