Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Connection to Several Outdoor Plug-In Switches. How to Restore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Connection to Several Outdoor Plug-In Switches. How to Restore?

Hello. I lost connection to my Z Wave controller a couple of weeks ago and when I got it back, several of my outdoor switches had lost contact with my homeseer app. Now they come up with a "?" next to their names in the app and I am unable to control them. As I've been digging into trying to fix this myself it occurred to me that maybe I've lost connection to the whole system and these were just the 3 switches that we knew how to use remotely. What do you suggest the next steps are? We just purchased the home a few moths ago. The previous owner installed everything and there's a lot of old devices listed in homeseer that don't exist in the house anymore. Should I reset everything and start from scratch? I am very new to the home automation world. Any advice is appreciated!

I would recommend looking at the HomeSeer log file when you attempt to control one of these devices to see if any errors are listed. I'd also recommend looking at your Z-Wave plugin > Controller setup to ensure there are no errors shown.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Log says...

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Warning
      Z-Wave Interface Z-Net (Node 1) on Network 1xxxxxx FAILED initialization with the message: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface., will keep trying.

9/19/2021 7:14:46 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Error
      Z-Net: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Error
      Z-Net: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface.

9/19/2021 7:14:53 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Warning
      Z-Net: Cannot connect to Z-Wave Ethernet at IP xxx.xxx.x.xx port: xxxx, Ex=No route to host

9/19/2021 7:14:50 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave
      Z-Net: The Z-Wave Command Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave
      Z-Net: ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave
      Initializing Z-Wave interface Z-Net (Ethernet Interface) at xxx.xxx.x.xx, port xxxx

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave
      Z-Net: ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave
      Z-Net: ============================================================ ==========

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Warning
      Z-Wave Interface Z-Net (Node 1) on Network 1xxxxx FAILED initialization with the message: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface., will keep trying.

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Error
      Z-Net: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

Legacy-Plugin
      Z-Wave Error
      Z-Net: Timeout looking for Z-Wave interface.

Comment

You indicate you restored connection to the Z-Wave controller, but these log entries indicate otherwise.

Please provide at least an overview of the system layout.

Comment

I think one of my ethernet ports is bad. I switched it and and the Z wave interface showed up. I "excluded" the switches and it went through and reset them all. Now I'm going through them and renaming them form "node xx" to what they actually are. The log indicates that it's trying to run old event for switches that don't exist anymore, so I'm going through it and deleting them.... I think I'm slowly figuring this out.....

Comment

Working...
          X