Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwikset Lock Status

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Kwikset Lock Status

    Sorry, but I'm having a total mental block about how to poll my Kwikset SmartCode 916 for locked or unlocked status. I want to create a manually triggered (or triggered by other events) event that locks the door if it's unlocked. Seems really simple, but damn if I can figure it out.

    #2
    I have a Kwikset z-wave lock, sorry I don't remember the model number but it instantly updates on HS4 when I manually lock or unlock. No polling required.

    See screenshot that works for both locks, Yale and Kwikset locking and unlocking.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 06-21-22 at 04.31 PM.png
Views:	34
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	1553375

    Comment


      #3
      My Kwikset locks return status in realtime too, but sometimes the message is missed. I use the event below to get the status again when it looks like I have missed it. Sometimes, the event has to run a few times before it works.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	LockPoll.png
Views:	25
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1553389

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks, but I realize I wasn't clear. I have a goodnight event that I trigger manually at night to shut down the house. Once I get my DSC panel installed and integrated, it'll fire the goodnight event for me when I arm the system in night mode. I want to poll the door lock, and if it's not locked already, lock it. I know I can fire off the lock command to lock the door, but why do so if it's already locked? Therefore my question.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by jester0909 View Post
          Thanks, but I realize I wasn't clear. I have a goodnight event that I trigger manually at night to shut down the house. Once I get my DSC panel installed and integrated, it'll fire the goodnight event for me when I arm the system in night mode. I want to poll the door lock, and if it's not locked already, lock it. I know I can fire off the lock command to lock the door, but why do so if it's already locked? Therefore my question.
          Which is why my event confirms the door is locked before I try to unlock it. The opposite works as well. If the conditions are not met, the event does not complete since there's no need to.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by racerfern View Post

            Which is why my event confirms the door is locked before I try to unlock it. The opposite works as well. If the conditions are not met, the event does not complete since there's no need to.
            I configured my system nearly identical earlier before posting, yet my lock continues to try and lock itself even when the Door Lock value shows as Locked. The only difference is I’m triggering the event manually, but with the same “and if unlocked” qualifier. I don’t get why it still tries to lock.

            After some further testing, it appears to work if I use a timed event, but if I manually trigger it, it always tries to lock. That strikes me as a bug.

            Comment


              #7
              Did more testing. Timed event works fine, manually triggered event ignores “AND IF” clause. Is this working as designed? If so, makes no sense to me.

              Comment


                #8
                So it’s working as designed. Manually triggered events ignore conditions, but can call other events where conditions must be met to fire the device control.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jester0909 View Post
                  So it’s working as designed. Manually triggered events ignore conditions, but can call other events where conditions must be met to fire the device control.
                  Correct, if you manually trigger any event the triggers and conditions are ignored. But it runs as designed when allowed to meet the trigger and conditions.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X