Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session 1 - Thursday, December 17th at 8:30PM EST

Greetings,

Our first session of the "How To" webinars will be this Thursday. Use this thread to post questions that you would like to have answered. Questions that are the "How To" type and appear to be beneficial to a lot of users will be answered first in the webinar, with any remaining time being used to answer as many of the other questions as we can.

This is our inaugural run, so please be gentle.

To prepare to be a part of this event, go to http://www.GoToMeeting.com or http://www.GoToWebinar.com and download/install their client software to make sure your machine can run the software.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

What can I do with "Manual with Conditions" triggers?

I would like to know how to use the "Manual with Conditions" trigger type in HomeSeer. Is it only there to show manual events that have conditions on them? Can these be used to create an "IF-THEN-ELSE" scenario in HomeSeer?
    Regards,

Comment

I have seen some people mention the delayed device actions for setting up my motion detector based events, but I don't understand how they help. Can you show me how to use delayed device actions and the "Remove Delayed Device Actions" action to set up motion detector based events?
      Regards,

Comment

Tink:

Do you have a link for the software that doesn't need a credit card?

Thanks;
        Don

Comment

On the left hand side of the screen, there is a link to join a meeting. Click on that and it will download the necessary software. It only has to download it once and it's free.

Hope this helps.
          Bryan
          Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
          Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
            Tink:

Do you have a link for the software that doesn't need a credit card?

Thanks;
            Sorry - click the link that says "Join a Meeting" and that will install the software, then when it prompts you for the meeting ID just cancel out of it. When you click "Join a Meeting", you also get a link to where you can manually download the software. The client software is free.
            Regards,

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
              Sorry - click the link that says "Join a Meeting" and that will install the software, then when it prompts you for the meeting ID just cancel out of it. When you click "Join a Meeting", you also get a link to where you can manually download the software. The client software is free.
              Ssorry to be a pain...It's asking for aWebinar ID.
              Last edited by donstephens; December 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM.
              Don

Comment

It's asking for a Webinar ID.
                Hey Don,
                Take a look at what you quoted, "when it prompts you for the meeting ID just cancel out of it"

So just cancel out of it and your all set for the actual webinar/meeting!

Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Sorry Bryan... Our post crossed...

Thanks

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
                  Hey Don,
                  Take a look at what you quoted, "when it prompts you for the meeting ID just cancel out of it"

So just cancel out of it and your all set for the actual webinar/meeting!

Don

Comment

The time this one is offered won't work for me, will this be recorded so I can view it later?
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                      The time this one is offered won't work for me, will this be recorded so I can view it later?
                      Yes, that is the intention as mentioned in the welcome message for the forum at the top of the page. It is our first one so if we have problems we will have to do what we can.
                      Regards,

Comment

How to create an event with a couple of and, and or conditions.

Looking foward to it.

Comment

if it is in the scope of your plans, would it be possible to do a quickie on creating a plugin?
                          Don

Comment

if it is in the scope of your plans, would it be possible to do a quickie on creating a plugin?
                            I would really really like this one aswell.
                            My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                            Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Events Based on Temperature. Homeseer shows a temp of 79.08 degrees and you want to make a device turn on between 80 and 100 degrees.

This is a issue I still can not get to work. If you have time.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X