X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session 2 - Monday, January 4th, at 8:30PM EST

Greetings,

We will do our second "How To" webinar session on Monday, January 4th at the same time - 8:30PM EST.

Please post your questions that you would like to see addressed here in this thread.

This session is another general session - we are planning some sessions specific to developers and other audiences for a later time.

When the link to join the webinar is posted and you ask for your reservation, make sure you provide a valid email address - it does not have to be your registered HomeSeer email address or your message board address - it is simply used to get you a link to join the webinar.

When you join the webinar on the 4th, please sign in using your message board handle, and do not include an email address. We could not post the transcript of the first session because it had everybody's names and email addresses in it. By using your message board handle, people who wish to contact you can use the communication methods you have specified there.

Thanks!
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Rick,
    I would like to see a soup to nuts for the media player plugin/hstouch.
    Install 1 album in the media library, then run through the media player plugin to see what it looks like and what we should expect. Then a quick set up on the iphone.
    I have too many questions and problems. I think this would make it a lot easier for all.
    Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart View Post
      Rick,
      I would like to see a soup to nuts for the media player plugin/hstouch.
      Install 1 album in the media library, then run through the media player plugin to see what it looks like and what we should expect. Then a quick set up on the iphone.
      I have too many questions and problems. I think this would make it a lot easier for all.
      Stuart
      Scond that, good subject
      Gerard

Comment

I would like to know how to send music to other speaker clients using either itunes or the media player plugin.

Comment

When the link to join the webinar is posted and you ask for your reservation, make sure you provide a valid email address - it does not have to be your registered HomeSeer email address or your message board address - it is simply used to get you a link to join the webinar.
          Has the link been posted yet? I was expecting to see more questions... Is their another place that the questions are being posted or maybe people hasn't noticed it because it's at the bottom of the page???? Anyway, I hope I'm doing it right... I'm really looking forward to this. I wish I would have caught the first one, but I didn't see it until after it was over.

Jerry

Comment

I would like to see some time spent on all the tools and added options to Homeseer in 2.0 Tricks and short cuts.

IE replacing a device, Things to avoid that make Homeseer run slower, OS tips and tricks.

Differences Between Hs and HS Pro.

Thom

Comment

Any hints on making the Schlage locks on steel doors more reliable would be appreciated.

Comment

Any chance this will be recorded so those of us that can't attend live can watch it later?

Comment

I am a newbie "again" and my needs are more basic. I apologize if these are in the Help documents but it's much better to be "shown" how to do it

1. How do I remove Plug-Ins from HS2? Installed some that I will now, not use.

2. How do I remove Floor and Room names from HS2? Made some errors.

3. How practical is the HSM100 Motion dectector - really? What with the battery saving sleep feature and all.

4. How practical is it to run HSTouch on another PC using a Touch Screen monitor versus using a WiFi enabled portable Touch Screen (Linux etc.)? I have a 10" Xenarc VGA touch screen and am considering working it into the home.

5. In HSTouch Designer, when creating a Security Cameras screen for my iPhone project, the area I have designated (image27) for the camera feed to be located, is large enough, yet the image displayed there from the camera is square and small. Smaller than the size of Image27.

6. Can the iPhone app take advantage of the rotatable screen feature of the iPhone? I'd like to make my security camera screen be aware of a screen rotation and load a larger image in landscape mode.

7. Explain the HSProtect a bit more in terms of how that works. Or more to the point - what I really need to know

8. I have a series of HVAC Heating events for 3 different operating modes. The modes are: @Vacation, @Home and @Jim-Away. Each of these modes have at least 2 to 4 events to them (heat set points by day and day-part). I think HS can do this but I have never done so - can I create 1 HS event for each of these modes whereby manages the day/day-part events for me, depending on which Mode Event I have selected? For example, we just got back from a 6 day vacation. When I got home, I dis-abled the 2 @Vacation events and re-enabled the 4 @Home events. Be nice to have done this:
                  Click RUN for the @Home "root" event which in turn, disables the @Vacation and @Jim-Away, enables the @Home child-events.

I don't expect to have each of these covered in tonight's Webinar - just tossing out there what's on my mind right now (besides work!).

Jim

Comment

Hi Rick,

I'm using several different IP cams and a few USB webcams. I have the NetCam plugin installed for two IP cams (is this the best?)

Can you demo or list a few of the more popular ways to integrate webcams with HS2? (EM pics/trigger events)

Is there a way to link my USB webcam feeds to HS2? The USB cams are not connected to my hometroller.

Thanks,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by wntdone View Post
                      Any chance this will be recorded so those of us that can't attend live can watch it later?
                      +1

A live meeting is a little awkward for us UK users!

Comment

A bit past my bedtime too. How about Fridays or Saturdays, or, for the benefit of an even broader audience, Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
                        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by beef View Post
                          +1

A live meeting is a little awkward for us UK users!
                          I agree
                          is there any earlier

Comment

I will "third" the iTunes/HSTOUCH soup to nuts. I have had HSTOUCH for about a year now and hate to say it but I haven't used it yet (assumed it is installed fine) and is next on my spare time list.

And address the iTune question of the day for me would be great...and the question is: iTune in a paused status will resume if a speak action occurs, can this be corrected? (that is I want iTune to stay paused after the speak action without having to tell it pause again or stop)

Comment

-scripts and plugins creation
                              -tips and tricks (HS, HSP, VR)
                              -explain threads page and what is good for
                              -IR Signals
                              -example how to work with VR Remind page
                              A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
                              1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
                              500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
                              15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
                              Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
                              TLJ in MIB

Comment

Working...
                              X