Session 3 - Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 8:30PM EST - Topic: Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session 3 - Tuesday, January 19th, 2010, 8:30PM EST - Topic: Scripts

By clicking on this link, you can view the video/audio of the session that we did on scripting. This was recorded using a Codec from GoToMeeting - to view it, you will need to do a one-time installation of their Codec, which you can download using this link.

I will try to get the chat log and questions and answers log posted shortly.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Good question!

I used to have a lot of little files just for doing that...I've since consolidated them into one large file just for ease of maintenance...

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Would you consider touching on the use of tenScripting for .net script development?

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
          Would you consider touching on the use of tenScripting for .net script development?

http://www.tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenScripting

tenholde
          That would be nice, but I'm not sure how familiar HS guys are with your package. I did some trials with it before I had to reinstall my PC and I liked it.
          Maybe they will let you speak for awhile and explain some stuff.
          A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
          1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
          500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
          15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
          Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
          TLJ in MIB

Comment

When is it approperate to use a script ?

Pros and cons of scripts vs. Plugins?

How do you enable and disable a plugin from a script?

.Net vs vbs...
            Don

Comment

Thanks for last nights webinar guys it was worth waiting up for...

My main one...

Adding references to DLL files, I have never got this to work, where does the DLL file go, what is the correct syntax, settings.ini correctly edited, calls etc...appreciate there are loads of different DLL's out there but something simple like a winsock connection or something I think would be a good example.
              My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
              Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Webinar date change

Folks,

Sorry for the late notice, but I got double-booked against a couple of immovable objects, and this webinar is unfortunately the easier one to move.

We will do it tomorrow night (Tuesday the 19th) instead. My apologies!
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

HST script actions - passing parameters from controls

Maybe we could cover HSt scripting passing parameters from controls. What is actualy passed to the script, what are thoes extra character,pasing list box values.

Look at this thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=139827

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
                    Folks,

Sorry for the late notice, but I got double-booked against a couple of immovable objects, and this webinar is unfortunately the easier one to move.

We will do it tomorrow night (Tuesday the 19th) instead. My apologies!
                    NP Rick.
                    Tuesday it is.
                    A Person is Smart. People are Dumb, Panicky Dangerous Animals.
                    1,500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was the center of the universe.
                    500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat.
                    15 minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.
                    Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.
                    TLJ in MIB

Comment

I use the following in an event one line script

&if hs.devicestatus("]28") = 2 Then hs.TriggerEvent "Play Voicemail" Else hs.TriggerEvent "Stop Voicemail Playback"

It is called on a device set to any status for device ]28
                      If it has been set to On.. it runs the "voice mail playback" event.
                      It it has been set to off.. it runs the "Stop Voicemail playback" event.

It works for several of my "one button two actions"

&if (hs.devicestatus("]26") = 2 and hs.devicestatus("]20") = 2) then hs.TriggerEvent "Fountain Off" Else if (hs.devicestatus("]26") = 2) then hs.TriggerEvent "Fountain On"

This one looks for a ]26 "on".. and the current status of the fountain..
                      Each time you hit the ControLinc ]26 on.. it starts or stops the fountain.

It can all be done with multiple events.. but to me it just seems cleaner to do it with the if.
                      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Won't be there live but will watch the 'replay'.

Any tips on making scripting easier in terms of testing and debugging would be useful.

Do you at HST use the Tenholder program or do you have some other environment for writing and debugging scripts.

Comment

It would be great if you touch on OO scripting, e.g., declaring classes, creating objects instances in scripts, and whether there are any limitations. Also cover object/variable lifetime, for example how to ensure an object instance or global variable is preserved across script invocations and not garbage collected.

Please also cover the run script options 'wait for script to finish' and 'only allow once instance to run' and when they would be appropriate to use.

Looking forward to tonight!

Comment

This is more of a feature request, but could the built-in HS search feature be extending to look in the files contained in the config and script directory as well? Or even the "view event reference for this device".

Comment

I am interested in learning about calling external apps from scripts - especially memory considerations.

I have a simple 1 line batch file that I use to run ZSpeak which speaks the weather forecast on my Hometroller. I kick this off from a Stargate event through the JDS plugin. If I try to kick off the same batch file from within Homeseer the voice stutters so much I cannot understand it. I assume memory is allocated differently depending on how the batch file is called?

D:\stargate\zspeak One moment while I download the latest forecast data ["http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...526&TextType=1"]

Comment

Working...
                              X