• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session 4 - Thursday, February 4, 2010, 8:30PM EST - Topic: HSTouch

Here is the link to the recorded version of this webinar:

http://www.homeseer.com/support/howt.../Webinar-4.wmv
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

There is a hack-ish way to initialize controls (show/hide) when a screen is displayed by doing the following:

1. Text element's text is a script to trigger a manual event
    2. The manual event calls N number of manual with conditions events to perform initialization logic (do I want to show or hide element X?)
    3. Each manual with condition event then "presses" a hidden button on the currently displayed HST screen
    4. Each button then performs the necessary initialization logic (show/hide, enable/disable, etc)

(For an example see: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...08&postcount=6)

The above method calls the event in #1 every second or two leading to higher HS CPU usage.

Is there a more straight forward way to do this? And to do it only once each time the screen is displayed?
    Last edited by BootsC5; February 4th, 2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Is there a hidden, global variable "control" that can passed into a script that contains the machine name the HST client is running on?

When listening to voicemails I have to use a drop down to specify which speaker client I want to output sent to. I would like the system to "know" which HST client called the script.
      Attached Files

Comment

I get the following message box when I restart HS, or HST client (.17). I'm ok with hand editing the .xml file (back it up first!). What should I look for and edit to get rid of these message boxes?
        Attached Files

Comment

My question is really specific.. but i've been trying to find a way to grab the radio station channel off of my Russound ST2 tuner and display it in Hstouch...

-Tom-
          -Tom-

Comment

I've been struggling to get the values out of several dropdown boxes. This was suggested but only returns the selected strings from the boxes, not values.

Sub Main(pParms As Object)
            Dim Y as Integer

For Y = 0 to UBound(pParms)
            hs.WriteLog("Test", pParms(Y))
            Next
            Don

Comment

will there be iPad support.

the current iPhone Client will/should work, but will there be a new update with the new SDK for the res being doubled?

(please )

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                I've been struggling to get the values out of several dropdown boxes. This was suggested but only returns the selected strings from the boxes, not values.

Sub Main(pParms As Object)
                Dim Y as Integer

For Y = 0 to UBound(pParms)
                hs.WriteLog("Test", pParms(Y))
                Next
                Don,

This was covered in session 3 on scripting, but as it was pretty specific to HSTouch, it got moved back to the HSTouch forum. So, you might want to check there because the procedure is there.
                Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

adding sunset/sunrise images and times to HSTouch screen

I would like know how to add the sunrise/sunset data to a screen. It is not shown in the RSS data. Thanks.

Comment

In a text element you can put " Sunrise is at [$SCRIPT=&hs.sunrise()] hrs " into the text box, it will display the current sunrise time, replace sunrise with sunset as required.
                    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
                    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Thanks, how about the image? I've seen it on other examples.

Comment

Please post this session on-line ASAP - I will not be able to make the session (and I am bummed). Just getting started on my HSTouch implementation.

I also second native iPad support, if nothing else it should make a GREAT HS Touchpad!

Comment

I have the BitWise BC-4 Ethernet to IR controller. I have yet to hook it up and will not be able to get to it until March. Until then, I am working on creating screens to control my A/V gear. I use A Logitech Harmony 1000 IR/RF remote now to control my A/V gear.

In thinking this through, I am wondering if HS or the BitWise plug-in sets an on/off status bit so it knows the current on/off state of my devices (TV, Receiver etc.)??

I want to be able to create macros that allow me to "Play a DVD" that will turn on the correct items and set them to the correct settings. But what if I am already in "Watch TV" mode. Will the system know to not toggle power to the TV and Receiver, rather, to toggle power only to the DVD player and then set the correct inputs?

Hopefully I am not far afield from what can be asked/covered in this webinar

Jim

Comment

I've been using the following script to control multiple lights with one slider;

Sub Main(parm as object)
                            hs.writelog("HSTouch", parm(0))
                            hs.Transmit("D2","DDim",parm(0),0,False,False)
                            hs.Transmit("D3","DDim",parm(0),0,False,False)
                            End Sub

When I set a slider to be controlled this way, when the HS touch is initially booted up, it doesn't seem to grab the current values of any of the devices. I tried setting the status tracking to one of the many lights I wish to control with my slider and checked "Do not control associated device when element is selected." However when I do this, my slider ONLY controls that one light! Any ideas? :-)

Comment

I'd like to know (on the iPhone client in particular) how to change an element's URL on the fly.

I have a netcam captured image history viewer which displays thumbnails on one screen.

Over top of each thumbnail is a transparent button with actions to set the URL of an element on the full-screen pop-up screen. That sets the URL for the image at a larger size and then it pops up that screen.

Problem is that it does not work. The screen pops up but no image appears.

Does the element URL change actually work in the iPhone client?
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                              X