Homeseer support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer support

First of all, scuse me for my bad english.

I am writing about my experience with Homeseer.
    In year 2010, i build my new home and i bought four Hometroller Hs2 units.
    I bought two "recovery" pen drive also, in order to formatting hometroller.

Everything has gone well.
    But little by little i went going some upgrade in my home and so, now i have decided do format my Hometroller for aving a "fresh" installation with a new configuration.

Well, now, Hometroller and Hs2 is not more supported "online". License key and Plugin keys, are not more supported. I have requested these in order to manually registrate products, but no response from Homeseer.

I have payed over 4000 dollars and now, it seems to be all lost!
    Hometrollers says "product not register" and plugins says "license not found".
    But i have payed all of these and "support" does not listen for me anyway.

Bad thing. Very very bad thing!!

did you call them on the telephone?

Comment

Originally posted by emabonacchi View Post
      Well, now, Hometroller and Hs2 is not more supported "online". License key and Plugin keys, are not more supported. I have requested these in order to manually registrate products, but no response from Homeseer.
      Are you saying that you filled out the request for license keys here and got no response, or do you have your license keys, but they are no longer allowing you to register your device?

Email messages to support@homeseer.com are not being returned, is that correct? Did you try sales@homeseer.com?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The server for HS2 license has crashed and it's being rebuilt. Your ticket will be answered as soon as this server is rebuilt. I'd also highly recommend upgrading to HS3 as it has a lot of new functionality and the Google/Alexa integration is worth the upgrade alone.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why would someone buy 4 hometroller units? Was this normal back in HS2? Were repeaters and Z-Nets not a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            The server for HS2 license has crashed and it's being rebuilt. Your ticket will be answered as soon as this server is rebuilt.
            Someone could have replied to his ticket advising that

the Google/Alexa integration is worth the upgrade alone.
            Unless you're in the iOS/macOS ecosystem - where's HomeKit?

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
              did you call them on the telephone?

No. Because i can't speak english......

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                Are you saying that you filled out the request for license keys here and got no response, or do you have your license keys, but they are no longer allowing you to register your device?

Email messages to support@homeseer.com are not being returned, is that correct? Did you try sales@homeseer.com?

I have my license keys, but it is impossible to register online. An error message tells me to manual register contacting homeseer support. But no reply after many request.

Comment

The server for HS2 license has crashed and it's being rebuilt. Your ticket will be answered as soon as this server is rebuilt. I'd also highly recommend upgrading to HS3 as it has a lot of new functionality and the Google/Alexa integration is worth the upgrade alone.

I am not intrested in hs3.
                  I send my request many days ago. How many time i have to wait?

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, why would someone buy 4 hometroller units? Was this normal back in HS2? Were repeaters and Z-Nets not a thing?

I need two unit in my home. One for light control and the second for audio/video control and music distribution.
                    I bought two more "safety" unit for using as backup if one of working unit crash...

Comment

Originally posted by emabonacchi View Post
                      I have my license keys, but it is impossible to register online. An error message tells me to manual register contacting homeseer support. But no reply after many request.
                      I send my request many days ago. How many time i have to wait?
                      This does not seem like the level of customer service that I would expect.
                      Rupp, Have you brought this thread to the attention of the person responsible for customer support?
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I think Homeseer wants to "push" their customer to purchase Hs3 and does not more support Hs2.
                        In fact, some times ago, downloading a plugin for my Hometroller, after installing this, my Homeseer license was invalidated.

I explain: everything was fine and my licenses was ok. After new plugin was installed, i restarted homeseer and a message told me "Your Homeseer is a trial version. You must to register this.". Very strange thing because my license was ok.
                        So, i went to registration page but....... impossible to register online. A message told me to go to the "manual registration" contacting Homeseer support. They send me new code and registration went fine.
                        It happened about two months ago..... so, the problem is the same from months....... and it is not solved from months.

Same problem persists and make Hometroller Hs2 unusable and i think it is not a good thing. It is a bad thing a reply like "I suggest you to buy Hs3"......

I can understand stopping new upgrading in an old product, but i can not accept stopping the work of an old product.
                        I have an old product (only 8 years...... not so "old"!) working fine in my home and now you stop me using? After your "recovery usb system" (payed apart), this stop working?......
                        Total amount was about 4000 dollars and months and months working configurating everything.
                        Now you suggest me to buy another software and rebuilt everything again??

Do you think it is acceptable?

If you was in my paint....... tell me, you would be happy and you will buy Hs3?
                        And then, in some years same thing will happen when Hs4 will arrive?.......

I think no.

If i can not more use the product you have sell because you have stop this, you must refound me! LICENSE KEY IS LABELED UNDER EVERY HOMETROLLER. You sell it to me and now all of these are not more valid.
                        And so for all plugins!
                        I have regularry bought these and now they are not more valid!

Do you think it is ok?......

Comment

Hold on what you're saying is highly concerning.

We have all bought a "stand-alone" system that does not depend upon the Internet.

But this thread suggests that if HomeSeer were to fold tomorrow every one of our homes would go into trial mode and then stop working a month later.

If so that's totally unacceptable - new installs and reinstalls (from scratch rather than copying over the existing setup) would understandably fail, but existing setups should not be dependant on continuously re-checking the license...

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
                            Hold on what you're saying is highly concerning.

We have all bought a "stand-alone" system that does not depend upon the Internet.

But this thread suggests that if HomeSeer were to fold tomorrow every one of our homes would go into trial mode and then stop working a month later.

If so that's totally unacceptable - new installs and reinstalls (from scratch rather than copying over the existing setup) would understandably fail, but existing setups should not be dependant on continuously re-checking the license...
                            I don’t see how that can be true. I’ll bet the OP either reset or reinstalled HS2. HomeSeer does not require an Internet connection to remain active. A fresh installation without a backup of the licenses.bin file will require a connection to HS license servers to activate HomeSeer as well as all plug-ins. If you have a full backup of your HS directory structure, you should never see your system needing activation again. It does not ever check for activation again. licenses.bin is in the config directory.

I think OP is trying to activate a fresh install of HS2 and Rupp said the activation server for HS2 is down. When it it back up and running he should be good to go. Alternately, he should be able to restore from a backup of his prior working system.

Just remember to keep at least a couple of full backups of your working HS3 system and it won’t matter if the servers are up or not. Additionally HS does not do any hardware check, so your full backup can be copied to another computer (with a similar O/S) and will be fully operational.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

He does specifically say he was simply installing a plugin, but hard to know what went wrong given he's had Vera-level support for the past two months.

Comment

Working...
                              X