NEW MESSAGE BOARD LIVE NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark,

I tried to edit one of my posts in my forums but when I tried to save, I got a message saying I was not authorized. When I pressed cancel, most of my original post was gone. It is the first post in this thread:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...lity#post39930
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; July 28, 2018, 04:26 AM.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      Please, Oh, PLEASE give us some different colors.... the human eye has a HARD time focusing on blue..... and all this text with blue? I'm going blind...
      And all of this wasted space!.
      It appears that you can customize how pages are shown: click your username (upper right), then "My Profile", then "Customize my style" (under your avatar). I've not tried any of them yet but there are a lot of options for the navigation bar, content and user panel.

I also agree on the wasted space due to the user info and social media links. I'd be curious to know how many users of this board actually use FB or TW.

*EDIT*
      Well, while it appears you can change these settings, changing and saving them does not have any effect on the display of posts or forums. As a test I tried completely changing my user panel and it's still being displayed in the default format and colors.
      Last edited by mfisher; July 29, 2018, 09:12 AM.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Not very intuitive, but to see Todays Posts, you need to Logout of the board. It will then show up at the top.
        Try testing this again by logging out and logging back in. I believe this should be fixed.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher View Post

It appears that you can customize how pages are shown: click your username (upper right), then "My Profile", then "Customize my style" (under your avatar). I've not tried any of them yet but there are a lot of options for the navigation bar, content and user panel.

I also agree on the wasted space due to the user and social media links. I'd be curious to know how many users of this board actually use FB or TW.

*EDIT*
          Well, while it appears you can change these settings, changing and saving them does not have any effect on the display of posts or forums. As a test I tried completely changing my user panel and it's still being displayed in the default format and colors.
          Same, here.....
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

What is the secret for getting an avatar to appear? I have it checked in my settings and it shows up on my profile and in the people online section, but not on my posts.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              What is the secret for getting an avatar to appear? I have it checked in my settings and it shows up on my profile and in the people online section, but not on my posts.
              The secret was for me to run an Avatar-rebuilding routine!

Comment

Hi,
                I appreciate the need to update. But the new colour scheme really makes my eyes bleed. I have tried to change from 'Cool Blue' to 'Default vB5 Style' which is a bit better, but something with less hard white and more contrast would really improve readability.

Comment

Originally posted by adeux View Post
                  Hi,
                  I appreciate the need to update. But the new colour scheme really makes my eyes bleed. I have tried to change from 'Cool Blue' to 'Default vB5 Style' which is a bit better, but something with less hard white and more contrast would really improve readability.
                  I've added a light gray background. see if that helps.

Comment

I had an issue where I tried posting a reply to a forum, and when I hit "Post Reply" it only posted the first word (an "I" in this case) when using my IPad (latest OS).
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
                      I had an issue where I tried posting a reply to a forum, and when I hit "Post Reply" it only posted the first word (an "I" in this case) when using my IPad (latest OS).
                      You will need to go to settings on your iPad and turn "Smart Punctuation" off. That iOS feature turns single and double quotes into special curly quotes. vBulletin doesn't handle HTML special characters. You may also find the same problems with text you copy from devices or other websites. Hopefully there is a workaround for this as it can kill a post when you save it. It will look OK until it is saved, then all of the text following the special character is gone.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Can someone please try posting with their iOS device now with special characters enabled? Thanks

Testing quotes " " and single quotes ' ' in Chrome on Windows PC

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                          Can someone please try posting with their iOS device now with special characters enabled? Thanks

Testing quotes " " and single quotes ' ' in Chrome on Windows PC
                          I did in the other thread. When smart punctuation is on the board strips single and double quotes from the text, but the rest of the text is saved. When they are off, they are not stripped.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                              A couple of things I have noticed:

1. Native forum search seems to be worse than on the old version. Searching for "teslaseer" returns no results. Searching for "tesla" returns results for TeslaSeer. Thankfully Google search still works

2. I like to look at posts from the last 2 days with the newest at the top. Previously I was using the following bookmarked URL for the last 2 days and had the 'newest at top' option set in the forum settings: board.homeseer.com/search.php?do=getdaily&days=2 I can't figure out how to set an equivalent 2 day filter so far.

3. Tapatalk for iOS isn't as clean as I previously indicated. It may be due to the original post always being at the top of the new forum, but the newest user and post are not in sync. e.g. the latest poster is the user ID on the top message, but the content is the original post.

1) It looks like the search only works on new posts since the board came on-line.

2) I have not found a two day filter either, however you can show the last week using this URL:
                              Code:
                              https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%22lastWeek%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A+1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

1) It looks like the search only works on new posts since the board came on-line.

2) I have not found a two day filter either, however you can show the last week using this URL:
                                Code:
                                https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%22lastWeek%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A+1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D
                                Thanks Jon
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X