Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

testing quote mark problem

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • testing quote mark problem

    Hello, Testing "the quote marks"
    website | products | support | youtube

  • #2
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Hello, Testing "the quote marks"
    OK, so testing single quote marks now: 'single quote marks are nice'
    website | products | support | youtube

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Hello, Testing "the quote marks"
      It looks like "You Go It"

      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

      PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by macromark View Post

        OK, so testing single quote marks now: 'single quote marks are nice'
        'Good job!'
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

        PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

        Comment


        • #5
          I "haven't" had issues with "quote's" not working.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rprade View Post

            'Good job!'
            wasn't me but... I'll "take credit for it"
            website | products | support | youtube

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              I "haven't" had issues with "quote's" not working.
              It wasn't working earlier. Every post I made with a single (') or double (") quote lost all the text from the quote forward. Before it was fixt the sentence I just wrote would have been:


              It wasn
              Last edited by rprade; July 28th, 2018, 08:18 AM.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

              Comment


              • #8
                OK... found the "Advanced Editor" it's the big A in the right hand top panel when replying/posting.... ok cool.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  It wasn't working earlier. Every post I mate with a single (') or double (") quote lost all the text from the quote forward. Before it was fixt the sentence I just wrote would have been:


                  It wasn
                  Randy is correct - this is a bug, it just happened to me when pasting text that contained an apostrophe. Happened in this thread here.
                  Code:
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/homeseer-hardware/hs-fls100-floodlight-sensor/110861-now-available-new-z-wave-plus-floodlight-sensors
                  There are so many small glitches in this new system that it feels like I've become a chronic complainer. I will come back in a week and expect some magic will have taken place by then.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    testing again. "double quotes" and 'single quotes'
                    website | products | support | youtube

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How to reproduce the problem:
                      Paste unformatted text into a new message that contains an apostrophe.
                      Not 'single quotes' but a word that contains an apostrophe, such as randy shows above.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here begins the testing - the first word beginning the next sentence contains an apostrophe and all text after this will be lost. What's the deal with this?


                        Edit - appears to be fixed, thank you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is another test. I just replied to two posts today and the text was truncated after an apostrophe. I will test in this thread by writing what

                          EDIT: it is still a problem because this reply was truncated after the apostrophe in whats above. I had typed whats (with apostrophe) up with that above, but it was truncated beginning with the apostrophe.

                          Try replying to this post post with an apostrophe (single quote) or double quote.
                          Randy Prade
                          Aurora, CO
                          Prades.net

                          PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            This is another test. I just replied to two posts today and the text was truncated after an apostrophe. I will test in this thread by writing what

                            EDIT: it is still a problem because this reply was truncated after the apostrophe in whats above. I had typed whats (with apostrophe) up with that above, but it was truncated beginning with the apostrophe.

                            Try replying to this post post with an apostrophe (single quote) or double quote.
                            this is another test. The next sentence will have four words, the first with an apostrophe. What

                            EDIT: it failed again when saved, but was OK when previewed.
                            Randy Prade
                            Aurora, CO
                            Prades.net

                            PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by rprade View Post

                              this is another test. The next sentence will have four words, the first with an apostrophe. What

                              EDIT: it failed again when saved, but was OK when previewed.
                              Now I will try with double quotes. The next sentence will start with double quotes.

                              EDIT: double quotes fail as well.
                              Randy Prade
                              Aurora, CO
                              Prades.net

                              PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X