Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

testing quote mark problem

Hello, Testing "the quote marks"
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    OK, so testing single quote marks now: 'single quote marks are nice'

Comment

It looks like "You Go It"

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK, so testing single quote marks now: 'single quote marks are nice'
        'Good job!'

Comment

I "haven't" had issues with "quote's" not working.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

'Good job!'
            wasn't me but... I'll "take credit for it"

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
              I "haven't" had issues with "quote's" not working.
              It wasn't working earlier. Every post I made with a single (') or double (") quote lost all the text from the quote forward. Before it was fixt the sentence I just wrote would have been:

It wasn
              Last edited by randy; July 28, 2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

OK... found the "Advanced Editor" it's the big A in the right hand top panel when replying/posting.... ok cool.

Comment

It wasn't working earlier. Every post I mate with a single (') or double (") quote lost all the text from the quote forward. Before it was fixt the sentence I just wrote would have been:

It wasn
                  Randy is correct - this is a bug, it just happened to me when pasting text that contained an apostrophe. Happened in this thread here.
                  Code:
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/homeseer-hardware/hs-fls100-floodlight-sensor/110861-now-available-new-z-wave-plus-floodlight-sensors
                  There are so many small glitches in this new system that it feels like I've become a chronic complainer. I will come back in a week and expect some magic will have taken place by then.

Comment

testing again. "double quotes" and 'single quotes'

Comment

How to reproduce the problem:
                      Paste unformatted text into a new message that contains an apostrophe.
                      Not 'single quotes' but a word that contains an apostrophe, such as randy shows above.

Comment

Here begins the testing - the first word beginning the next sentence contains an apostrophe and all text after this will be lost. What's the deal with this?

Edit - appears to be fixed, thank you.

Comment

This is another test. I just replied to two posts today and the text was truncated after an apostrophe. I will test in this thread by writing what

EDIT: it is still a problem because this reply was truncated after the apostrophe in whats above. I had typed whats (with apostrophe) up with that above, but it was truncated beginning with the apostrophe.

Try replying to this post post with an apostrophe (single quote) or double quote.

Comment

This is another test. I just replied to two posts today and the text was truncated after an apostrophe. I will test in this thread by writing what

EDIT: it is still a problem because this reply was truncated after the apostrophe in whats above. I had typed whats (with apostrophe) up with that above, but it was truncated beginning with the apostrophe.

Try replying to this post post with an apostrophe (single quote) or double quote.
                            this is another test. The next sentence will have four words, the first with an apostrophe. What

EDIT: it failed again when saved, but was OK when previewed.

Comment

this is another test. The next sentence will have four words, the first with an apostrophe. What

EDIT: it failed again when saved, but was OK when previewed.
                              Now I will try with double quotes. The next sentence will start with double quotes.

EDIT: double quotes fail as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X