X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cc4005
    replied
    Originally posted by eole View Post
    Not sure it has been reported : the mail suject has changed for notification of subscribed threads

Previously for example : Reply to thread 'Monthly Low Battery Check'
    Now : A new post in your Forum Post subscription: Monthly Low Battery Check

I prefer the old one because, depending on the screen, I now need to scroll horizontally or make the columns larger to see which thread is concerned.

Could you change it ? Eventually, just the title of the thread in useful. If we receive a mail regarding a thread, we naturally know that it's a new reply.

Thanks.

Yves
    +1

Leave a comment:

• eole
    replied
    Not sure it has been reported : the mail suject has changed for notification of subscribed threads

Previously for example : Reply to thread 'Monthly Low Battery Check'
    Now : A new post in your Forum Post subscription: Monthly Low Battery Check

I prefer the old one because, depending on the screen, I now need to scroll horizontally or make the columns larger to see which thread is concerned.

Could you change it ? Eventually, just the title of the thread in useful. If we receive a mail regarding a thread, we naturally know that it's a new reply.

Thanks.

Yves

Leave a comment:

• pcp
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post

We're working though an issue regarding posts from Apple products. Apparently, the extended characters are causing these problems. Hang in there. we'll get it fixed.
    Trying another post from iPad. One of the suggestion was if it would be possible to show the forum (3rd line on left) in Today’s Post and New Topics as a column as i would help to more easily browser for subject of interest. The prior forum app had that.

Another is that the section on the left of post entries with a gray background, the member information and facebook/Tweet entries heights is big compared to many post entries leading to a lot of white space. If that section on the left could be condensed more posts could be displayed per page (and less scrolling) with less white space. Is there an configurable option to shrink it’s heights or could the layout be better optimized?
    Last edited by pcp; August 1st, 2018, 07:06 AM. Reason: And looks like posts from Safari on iPad has been solved.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by devoir View Post
    any chance the old forum returns.... I liked the feel of it... and the searched worked...

Devoir
    I re-indexed the board last night. Try your searches again now.

Leave a comment:

• kesterf
    replied
    I've added a link in the nav bar "Mark All Forums Read". Give that a try and see if it fixes this for you.
    Thanks. New link to mark all forums read is exactly what I was hoping could be added. Very useful.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

I'm pretty much out of suggestions for you. I just tried the link on my home PC (Windows 7 Ultimate, Google Chrome); works just like the office PC. Since you got it to work on one device but not the others, try setting your browser to its default settings. If that doesn't fix it, try turning off browser extensions... maybe there's a conflict. If that doesn't work, I guess we need to wait and see if others are having the issue too... maybe there will be some commonality. That's all I got!
    Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by devoir View Post
    any chance the old forum returns.... I liked the feel of it... and the searched worked...

Devoir
    Please give me an example of what you'e trying to search for and I'll look into it.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

The Mark All Forums Read link is working on one of my home PCs but not another. Also still doesn't work on Chrome on my Android phone--whether connected to AT&T cellular data or my home WIFI (same network as my home PCs that are working as expected) or office WIFI. On all PCs it either works in multiple browsers or in none, so apparently I have a device-level configuration issue rather than LAN/router level or browser level. Works on 1 of 5 devices I've tried so far.

The one PC that it works on is running Win10 Home. The ones it isn't working on are on Win10 Pro. Don't know if that means anything--especially given the android issue.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions welcome.

EDIT: Just fired up another Win10 Pro laptop, and the link also doesn't work there.
    I'm pretty much out of suggestions for you. I just tried the link on my home PC (Windows 7 Ultimate, Google Chrome); works just like the office PC. Since you got it to work on one device but not the others, try setting your browser to its default settings. If that doesn't fix it, try turning off browser extensions... maybe there's a conflict. If that doesn't work, I guess we need to wait and see if others are having the issue too... maybe there will be some commonality. That's all I got!

Leave a comment:

• devoir
    replied

Devoir

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

Correct. There's no evidence that anything at all is happening when I click "Mark All Forums Read" when viewing New Topics or Today's Posts. As if, as you suggested, the script is being prevented from running somehow. If I understand Randy's post correctly from earlier in this thread, the expected behavior is not only to mark everything read, but also return to the home page. That also does not happen. Absolutely nothing happens when I click the link on any of the devices/browsers I listed earlier--either on my office internet connection or on cellular data.

Here's a new thing I just discovered: When I click "Mark All Forums Read" while viewing an individual thread, the page refreshes but stays on the thread page. Subsequently clicking on New Topics, they are still there--not marked as read. This appears to be consistent when viewing any thread.

I'll also try on a couple PCs on my home network this evening.
    The Mark All Forums Read link is working on one of my home PCs but not another. Also still doesn't work on Chrome on my Android phone--whether connected to AT&T cellular data or my home WIFI (same network as my home PCs that are working as expected) or office WIFI. On all PCs it either works in multiple browsers or in none, so apparently I have a device-level configuration issue rather than LAN/router level or browser level. Works on 1 of 5 devices I've tried so far.

The one PC that it works on is running Win10 Home. The ones it isn't working on are on Win10 Pro. Don't know if that means anything--especially given the android issue.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions welcome.

EDIT: Just fired up another Win10 Pro laptop, and the link also doesn't work there.
    Last edited by cc4005; July 31st, 2018, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    New Topics will be removed but Today's Posts will not be removed. However any unread ones will change to un-bolded. Sounds like it's working as expected for you now.
    I guess I wasn't clear. I expected--and would like for--the Mark All Forums Read link to work while I'm viewing Today's Posts, which is obviously just an advanced search results page. For me, the link is dead when viewing the Today's Posts page. For it to work as expected (for me), the link should work on that page since the link is there.

I would like for it to work while viewing the New Posts page, too, but if I'm understanding you correctly that link is going away.

EDIT: On rereading I see I misunderstood your statement about New Topics being removed, and that you're referring to the posts listed on that search page and not the link itself. So my request (expectation?) is that the Mark All Forums Read link would work while viewing both those search pages. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    So maybe I've misunderstood and have been doing it differently than everyone else. I'm trying to get Mark All Forums Read to work while viewing the New Topics or Today's Posts search results page--which is where I do 98% of my forum navigation from. Should it work there, too?
    New Topics will be removed but Today's Posts will not be removed. However any unread ones will change to un-bolded. Sounds like it's working as expected for you now.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

Try something. Go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom. Find this link and click it: Mark Channels Read

After that operation is done, then, try the "Mark All Forums Read" and check New Topics.
    1. Did as requested, but all forums/posts were marked as read upon clicking Mark Channels Read at the bottom of the main page (main page bold gone, New Topics now empty). Went ahead and clicked Mark All Forums Read from the main page and it appeared to refresh the page, although there was no change since the forums were already read.

2. After there was a new post I clicked Mark All Forums Read from the main page--without first clicking Mark Channels Read first. It works as expected!

So maybe I've misunderstood and have been doing it differently than everyone else. I'm trying to get Mark All Forums Read to work while viewing the New Topics or Today's Posts search results page--which is where I do 98% of my forum navigation from. Should it work there, too?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied

Correct. There's no evidence that anything at all is happening when I click "Mark All Forums Read" when viewing New Topics or Today's Posts. As if, as you suggested, the script is being prevented from running somehow. If I understand Randy's post correctly from earlier in this thread, the expected behavior is not only to mark everything read, but also return to the home page. That also does not happen. Absolutely nothing happens when I click the link on any of the devices/browsers I listed earlier--either on my office internet connection or on cellular data.

Here's a new thing I just discovered: When I click "Mark All Forums Read" while viewing an individual thread, the page refreshes but stays on the thread page. Subsequently clicking on New Topics, they are still there--not marked as read. This appears to be consistent when viewing any thread.

Try something. Go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom. Find this link and click it: Mark Channels Read

After that operation is done, then, try the "Mark All Forums Read" and check New Topics.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

To be clear, you click on "Mark All Forums Read" and then when you click on "New Topics" in the navbar, you still see posts there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X