X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post

Your "subscribe when posting" options was set to "no". I changed that to "yes". Perhaps that will help?
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Tapatalk is now enabled, any issues, please post.

Mark, the setting change that you made to my account doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with Tapatalk notifications. Also there is another issue where the signature settings seem to be enabled and disabled on my account.

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post

Board help says the below, but that option does not appear on the settings page. Guess it is not enabled.

" How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.

This option may be disabled by the Administrator. The Administrator may also have restrictions on how many lines or characters may be in the signature."
    Yeah, the settings for my signature seem to be enabled and disabled at random times. It was enabled soon after the new board went up, I edited my signature and now my signature is gone along with the settings to edit it. Not sure this is the most stable version of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• ITguyHS
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post
    By the way, where did the signature setup go? I had a signature setup and now it's not showing up in my posts and I can't find the settings for it anywhere?
    Board help says the below, but that option does not appear on the settings page. Guess it is not enabled.

" How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.

This option may be disabled by the Administrator. The Administrator may also have restrictions on how many lines or characters may be in the signature."

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied

Are you specifically clicking "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts"? If not, try those and see what you get.
    I’m giving up on this. Seems like I’m getting the run-around here. I was very clear what the problem was. You solution is to keep asking me to “try” things rather than solve the problem. Also the same behavior is evident in Tapatalk.

Not happy about the new forum as I cannot read it efficiently using any mobile mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    By the way, where did the signature setup go? I had a signature setup and now it's not showing up in my posts and I can't find the settings for it anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied

Your "subscribe when posting" options was set to "no". I changed that to "yes". Perhaps that will help?
    Hi Mark, yeah I saw that but didn't think that setting would do more than just subscribe me to everything I post to. I would think that if I am subscribed to a thread that Tapatalk would still send me a notification as it did in vB3. I didn't have the "subscribe when posting" selected before the change to vB5 either. Either way I'll test it out and let you know if I get a notification if you reply to this post.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Rich,
    Tapatalk notifications no longer work with vB5. When someone quoted my post I would get a notification under Notifications>You. Or if someone posted a new post to one of the threads I subscribed to then it would appear under Notifications >Subscriptions

I have found a work around by going into Groups>Homeseer>subscribed but it isn’t very convenient as I have to go check to see if there are new posts as apposed to just getting notifications. Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that I’ve come to depend on and I hope this is something that you will be able to fix.
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Tapatalk is now enabled, any issues, please post.

Hey Rich,
    Tapatalk notifications no longer work with vB5. When someone quoted my post I would get a notification under Notifications>You. Or if someone posted a new post to one of the threads I subscribed to then it would appear under Notifications >Subscriptions

I have found a work around by going into Groups>Homeseer>subscribed but it isn’t very convenient as I have to go check to see if there are new posts as apposed to just getting notifications. Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that I’ve come to depend on and I hope this is something that you will be able to fix.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by pcp View Post
    The email notification is not working for me in this new forum. In prior forum I had subscriptions carried over to the new forum and for some of them (especially the ones for my plugins) I had it configured to send daily emails. Other subscriptions were set to not send email notifications.

I checked / selected all notification options in my configuration, but no luck at this point. Any suggestion what to check, enable and how to easily debug this? Also in the new forum I have not found an option per subscription to select if email notification should be enabled or not? Where is this setting / configuration in the new forum?

Thanks
    Your "subscribe when posting" option was set to "no". I changed that to yes. However, that probably won't help with this message!

Leave a comment:

• pcp
    replied
    The email notification is not working for me in this new forum. In prior forum I had subscriptions carried over to the new forum and for some of them (especially the ones for my plugins) I had it configured to send daily emails. Other subscriptions were set to not send email notifications.

I checked / selected all notification options in my configuration, but no luck at this point. Any suggestion what to check, enable and how to easily debug this? Also in the new forum I have not found an option per subscription to select if email notification should be enabled or not? Where is this setting / configuration in the new forum?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• The Profit
    replied

I've checked the Tapatalk settings that we have control over and there does not appear to be anything I can do on this end to fix these issues... to fix how Tapatalk is taking the information and displaying it.

Have you tried using the forum with just a browser on your phone? The theme is now responsive and it should work well.
    Hi Mark,
    We used to have the option to subscribe to specific threads in Tapatalk and receive notifications when someone posted to those threads, receive notifications when someone quoted your post or receive new / relevant posts in the Feed. That seems to have stopped working in Tapatalk since the upgrade.

Using a web browser on a cell phone or iPad, I’ve got to believe, was not the upgrade that you were hoping for...it seems like a step backwards from the old forum.

My intent is not to bring the mood down about the new forum, I just have to say from my point of view, as someone who tries to participate in this forum in the spirit of helping others and receiving help from this great community, Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that focuses in on the topics that I’ve participated in or subscribed to that now no longer works with the upgraded forum. If there is any way you could reach out to the Tapatalk tech support to see if there is anything they can do from their side to fix these issues it would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Kerat
    replied
    HST team,
    great job refreshing the forum skin. It looks very pretty. browsing the forum from home and work on windows using Firefox works splendidly. I will note I am having a little trouble opening some of the posts in Tapatalk.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    macromark Reiterating an earlier request by me and others, can you configure the notification emails to include the entire post body rather than truncating after the first few words? Thank you.
    Yeah, kind of irritating. Also if anyone has figured a way to duplicate the 'new posts' of the old board, I'd be greatful.

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    macromark Reiterating an earlier request by me and others, can you configure the notification emails to include the entire post body rather than truncating after the first few words? Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• ITguyHS
    replied
    Yep, just a glitch. Tried again and it worked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X