• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
    Mark,
    Is there a limit on how many multiple-choice answers can be in a poll? I tried creating a poll with 9 possibilities and get "Invalid server response".

Thanks,
    Fred
    There's no limit. I just tried creating a poll and it worked OK for me. Try again... maybe just a glitch?

Leave a comment:

• ITguyHS
    replied
    Mark,
    Is there a limit on how many multiple-choice answers can be in a poll? I tried creating a poll with 9 possibilities and get "Invalid server response".

Thanks,
    Fred

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    The issues are the 'Latest Activities' view and the ones in Tapatalk.
    Right, I know. See my post from the previous page. It appears to be the way that list was designed. I'm looking into it.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:
    I agree, those lists are fine. The issues are the 'Latest Activities' view and the ones in Tapatalk.

If it helps, the message text shown the 'My Subscriptions' view is as preferred. Unrelated, the thread sort in this view is strange. I think its sorted by date of 1st post of the thread (which isn't shown so is fairly confusing).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	my subscriptions.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	417.8 KB
ID:	1241825the sort of

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

This is what I am seeing. Notice that the text under the thread title is from the first post. Not the last.
    Are you specifically clicking "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts"? If not, try those and see what you get.

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied

Name:	topic-start-last-post.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1241789 Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:
    This is what I am seeing. Notice that the text under the thread title is from the first post. Not the last.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied

Name:	topic-start-last-post.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1241789

The previous homeseer board worked this way too. It is the new homeseer board that does not work correctly. It does not matter which view you choose they all work the wrong way. In any list of threads the text under the thread title shows the first post in the thread not the last.
    Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Thanks for explaining. I've never checked that list before... I usually just click "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts" to see the latest activity. That said, I posted the question on vBulletin's own support forum (which seems to behave the same way)... I'll see what they respond with.
    The previous homeseer board worked this way too. It is the new homeseer board that does not work correctly. It does not matter which view you choose they all work the wrong way. In any list of threads the text under the thread title shows the first post in the thread not the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Text highlighted is from 1st post of threads. Would be more useful if it were from most recent post instead. Same as shown earlier in the Tapatalk screenshots.
    Thanks for explaining. I've never checked that list before... I usually just click "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts" to see the latest activity. That said, I posted the question on vBulletin's own support forum (which seems to behave the same way)... I'll see what they respond with.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Unless someone tells me otherwise, this is fixed now too.

My comment was directed at the time you have spent sorting out the special character issue when it should just work out of the box....

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied

Can you post a screen shot of this? I can't replicate this problem.
    Text highlighted is from 1st post of threads. Would be more useful if it were from most recent post instead. Same as shown earlier in the Tapatalk screenshots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	latest activity.PNG Views:	1 Size:	413.7 KB ID:	1241658

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied

when viewing latest activity the text under thread title is still from the first post in the thread-not from the last post. The previous board showed text of last post in each thread in thread view. It is extremely irritating to have to open each thread and scroll to see the text of latest post for each thread when previously this was not required.

Can can you fix this?
    Can you post a screen shot of this? I can't replicate this problem.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Thanks. Moving forward slowly!

I really cannot understand why a bulletin board designed for worldwide use cannot handle special characters and you are having to spend numerous hours tweaking and testing this. The old board had no issues with special & international characters so what is different?
    Unless someone tells me otherwise, this is fixed now too.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Fixed
    Thanks. Moving forward slowly!

I really cannot understand why a bulletin board designed for worldwide use cannot handle special characters and you are having to spend numerous hours tweaking and testing this. The old board had no issues with special & international characters so what is different?

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Maybe a user’s location could be added to all of the unused real estate under their avatar. I believe that is a configuration option.
    Having the avatar, post count, Facebook and Twitter icons etc vertically is the cause of all the white space. Having these along the top of the post (which is also unused space) would allow the table to shrink to fit the text posted. Aesthetics over functionality again....More scrolling.....

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    I guess you want threads you have read to show up on “New Unread Topics”? Would it be be behaving properly ? And looking at a list of Today’s Posts in reverse chronological order is a work around?

It sounds like you want the list generated on your initial search to remain when you go back to that page. Because vBulletin is now dynamic, hitting the back arrow on your browser causes a fresh fetch of data on a page reload, where vBulletin 3 reloaded the originally built page without a fresh query of the database. I prefer the current behavior.

Apparently you had never used the board as I had, or it would be perfectly clear. I have articulated my issue so that anyone can figure out exactly what I'm saying. I seem to be the only one who "misses" the old behavior. So mote it be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X