X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

when viewing latest activity the text under thread title is still from the first post in the thread-not from the last post. The previous board showed text of last post in each thread in thread view. It is extremely irritating to have to open each thread and scroll to see the text of latest post for each thread when previously this was not required.

Can can you fix this?
    FWIW - this behavior is the same as the main complaint that I and several others have with Tapatalk. It's reasonable to hope that fixing one might fix them both...

Leave a comment:

• jlrichar
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Fixed
    when viewing latest activity the text under thread title is still from the first post in the thread-not from the last post. The previous board showed text of last post in each thread in thread view. It is extremely irritating to have to open each thread and scroll to see the text of latest post for each thread when previously this was not required.

Can can you fix this?

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Fixed
    Wonderful. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Playing with the style customization a bit.

Increased font size and using black for text.

Click image for larger version

Name:	style.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1241625

What is the name of this backround as I type? It is a light shade of blue I think. It is too light for me.

I would like to make it darker like in this quote below:

Like the shading on this quote.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Click on the last post icon on a thread and it goes to the top of the last page rather than the last post. Yet more scrolling....
    Fixed

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Mark has... pledged to looking into the new post icon taking you to the top of the last page.
    We changed a setting that simplified the display URL and also allowed topics with special characters to be accessible. However, that change crippled the "Go to last post" feature. I just backed that change out and the feature appears to work OK now. Let me know if you encounter topics that cannot be accessed.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post

What you describe is a work-around (IMHO). I'd like it to behave properly. I'll get used to it.
    I guess you want threads you have read to show up on “New Unread Topics”? Would it be be behaving properly ? And looking at a list of Today’s Posts in reverse chronological order is a work around?

It sounds like you want the list generated on your initial search to remain when you go back to that page. Because vBulletin is now dynamic, hitting the back arrow on your browser causes a fresh fetch of data on a page reload, where vBulletin 3 reloaded the originally built page without a fresh query of the database. I prefer the current behavior.

Mark has the search working well well and has pledged to looking into the new post icon taking you to the top of the last page. Those are two things I would like to see fixed. I also would like the member name to be available in an advanced search, but it is available after one. Not as good, but almost. Like Jon, I don’t like all the white space and would really like to see a users location when they post, but overall I am comfortable with the new software. There are many things it does much better with regard to creating posts and adding attachments than vB 3 did. Maybe a user’s location could be added to all of the unused real estate under their avatar. I believe that is a configuration option.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    I find the new board a complete disappointment....endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

Click on the last post icon on a thread and it goes to the top of the last page rather than the last post. Yet more scrolling....

We have lost the location of a poster so regional issues (which occur in software) cannot now be easily identified.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board. Perhaps I'm just getting old....
    I am looking into both of these issues.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I find the new board a complete disappointment....endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

We have lost the location of a poster so regional issues (which occur in software) cannot now be easily identified.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board. Perhaps I'm just getting old....
    Not going to the last post is annoying too!
    This board and the HS website are the public face of HomeSeer. You might think they would want it "washed" and as presentable as possible...? Sadly, if an administrator doesn't "mind" us having to work-around or they themselves do not use it in the same manner as others - not seeing there are flaws - it goes unfixed.
    We all become accustomed to the sub-standards; life goes on. The adds should be coming back soon, they are probably losing money there. Then - this is all "normal".

Leave a comment:

• cc4005
    replied

...endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board.

Perhaps I'm just getting old....
    Yes, yes, yes, yes.

And yes, me as well.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edit: Your 2nd point about the link going to the top of the last makes using Today's Posts maddening. I posted about this a few days ago but got no response so thought it was an issue with my system and not affecting others. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Last edited by cc4005; August 16th, 2018, 01:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    If you want a list of the most recent posts and have them show whether you have read them or not, choose Today’s Posts. If you have not read them they ar bolded, if you have they are not. Each new session both lists will essentially be the same with regards to the last time you visited. Today’s Posts will have more threads below the most recent, and will include threads you have already read, but otherwise they will be the same
    What you describe is a work-around (IMHO). I'd like it to behave properly. I'll get used to it.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
    I guess if nobody else still cares about the messed up Tapatalk situation I will have to live with the mobile browser experience. Anyone?
    It's frustrating 🙁

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    I guess if nobody else still cares about the messed up Tapatalk situation I will have to live with the mobile browser experience. Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    If you want a list of the most recent posts and have them show whether you have read them or not, choose Today’s Posts. If you have not read them they ar bolded, if you have they are not. Each new session both lists will essentially be the same with regards to the last time you visited. Today’s Posts will have more threads below the most recent, and will include threads you have already read, but otherwise they will be the same

Leave a comment:

Working...
X