PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

This new board went live 4 hours ago and we're tweaking it a bit. We had a speed issue based on the load and that appears to be resolved now. Some folks have asked about changing font colors and reducing post size... etc... So, we'll be tweaking this over the next week or two. If you have suggestions that would improve your experience, please reply to this post below. I can't promise we'll be able to implement everything... but we'll certainly go through all the suggs and implement what we can. Thanks.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

The vBulletin logo is at the top instead of the HomeSeer logo - note that this is under the Default vb5 style.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

A few nice additions would be:
      - A bit larger "default" font would be nice
      - A link for today's post would be nice
      - A link to mark all posts read from the new topic results page
      - A couple of users do not have the new topic link
      - Enable support for Taptalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        The vBulletin logo is at the top instead of the HomeSeer logo - note that this is under the Default vb5 style.
        fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          A few nice additions would be:
          - A bit larger "default" font would be nice
          - A link for today's post would be nice
          - A link to mark all posts read from the new topic results page
          - A couple of users do not have the new topic link
          - Enable support for Taptalk
          The "default" font depends on where.... For example, the default post font (RIGHT HERE) is 14 point. I think that's probably good. However, the forum links on the home page are smaller... perhaps 12 point? Is that what you meant?

Tapatalk will be added soon.

Comment

Someone complained about the vertical space taken up by each post. In a lot of cases, that's being caused by the user rank images displayed at the left. I think we might want to remove all but "Admin" and Post Count ranks.

Comment

Noticed that Rupp had an animated GIF for his Avatar. When I tried to upload a small 80X80 gif got a message here:

You are not authorized to upload animated avatars.

It would be nice to have an animated Avatar.

I was able to add an animated GIF to my signature just now but do not see it in the signature below.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

The "default" font depends on where.... For example, the default post font (RIGHT HERE) is 14 point. I think that's probably good. However, the forum links on the home page are smaller... perhaps 12 point? Is that what you meant?

Tapatalk will be added soon.
                Thanks Mark. When I'm replying the area I type in looks to be around 6 - 8 pt font size using Chrome.
                After viewing the message board on my phone in Chrome I withdraw my desire for TapTalk. This forum looks great on my phone.

Thanks again
                Greg

Comment

Another small issue is the default HS icon has been replaced by the vBulletin icon for shortcuts in my Chrome bookmark bar.

Comment

can you remove the board on the avatar images
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

fixed
                      The vBulletin logo is still on the browser tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1236628
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                        can you remove the board on the avatar images
                        I believe Mark meant borders.

Comment

This forum looks great on my phone.
                          I noticed the same thing. It formats as well on my phone as on the desktop. Hopefully it stays the same. When the mobile format was forced under vB3.X, it was not very good on my phone. I preferred the desktop mode, even on my phone, but it was not available.

Comment

I believe Mark meant borders.
                            It may require changing the stylesheet as the avatars are now hyperlinks to your profile page.

Comment

can you add my Vista Alarm forum to my author page

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...ndler-plug-ins
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                              X