PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monk View Post

So - just to be clear - and not to speak differently - your circumstance is different from what Randy has illustrated in the three screenshots of post 133 above? That issue has bugged me for days - and I'm thankful it now works for me.
    None of my browsers on any device is working as Randy described. In every case there is no action when clicking Mark All Forums Read. No page refresh, no posts/forums marked read, nothing.

PC: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE 11
    Android: Chrome
    Last edited by Wade; July 31, 2018, 01:25 PM. Reason: Added Internet Explorer to list
    -Wade

Comment

So - just to be clear - and not to speak differently - your circumstance is different from what Randy has illustrated in the three screenshots of post 133 above? That issue has bugged me for days - and I'm thankful it now works for me.
      I just tried it from an iPhone using Safari - something I would normally never do.Works there as well.

Edit:
      I addition - after coming back to the PC/Chrome where I'm typing this now, there are no new posts shown after having Marked As Read on the iPhone. This behavior is how it used to work pretty much.

Comment

I just tried it from an iPhone using Safari - something I would normally never do.Works there as well.

Edit:
        I addition - after coming back to the PC/Chrome where I'm typing this now, there are no new posts shown after having Marked As Read on the iPhone. This behavior is how it used to work pretty much.
        Awesome. Hope I get it working that way soon.
        -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

I looked for a privacy setting that might be blocking the script from running. Nothing obvious. But since I'm on a PC managed by our IT folks I thought maybe a group policy might be the culprit. So went to an unmanaged laptop and tried both Chrome and Edge. No luck. Then tried on my phone - Android/Chrome - doesn't work there either.

Any other thoughts?
          Just one. Are you behind a managed firewall? If so, that would affect all devices on the network.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Are you behind a managed firewall?
            No, but to be 100% sure that's not the issue I put my phone on cellular data, cleared the Chrome browser cache, and for good measure rebooted the phone (probably pointless) and still doesn't work.
            -Wade

Comment

No, but to be 100% sure that's not the issue I put my phone on cellular data, cleared the Chrome browser cache, and for good measure rebooted the phone (probably pointless) and still doesn't work.
              To be clear, you click on "Mark All Forums Read" and then when you click on "New Topics" in the navbar, you still see posts there?

Comment

To be clear, you click on "Mark All Forums Read" and then when you click on "New Topics" in the navbar, you still see posts there?
                Correct. There's no evidence that anything at all is happening when I click "Mark All Forums Read" when viewing New Topics or Today's Posts. As if, as you suggested, the script is being prevented from running somehow. If I understand Randy's post correctly from earlier in this thread, the expected behavior is not only to mark everything read, but also return to the home page. That also does not happen. Absolutely nothing happens when I click the link on any of the devices/browsers I listed earlier--either on my office internet connection or on cellular data.

Here's a new thing I just discovered: When I click "Mark All Forums Read" while viewing an individual thread, the page refreshes but stays on the thread page. Subsequently clicking on New Topics, they are still there--not marked as read. This appears to be consistent when viewing any thread.

I'll also try on a couple PCs on my home network this evening.
                -Wade

Comment

Correct. There's no evidence that anything at all is happening when I click "Mark All Forums Read" when viewing New Topics or Today's Posts. As if, as you suggested, the script is being prevented from running somehow. If I understand Randy's post correctly from earlier in this thread, the expected behavior is not only to mark everything read, but also return to the home page. That also does not happen. Absolutely nothing happens when I click the link on any of the devices/browsers I listed earlier--either on my office internet connection or on cellular data.

Here's a new thing I just discovered: When I click "Mark All Forums Read" while viewing an individual thread, the page refreshes but stays on the thread page. Subsequently clicking on New Topics, they are still there--not marked as read. This appears to be consistent when viewing any thread.

Try something. Go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom. Find this link and click it: Mark Channels Read

After that operation is done, then, try the "Mark All Forums Read" and check New Topics.

Comment

Try something. Go to the main page and scroll all the way to the bottom. Find this link and click it: Mark Channels Read

After that operation is done, then, try the "Mark All Forums Read" and check New Topics.
                    1. Did as requested, but all forums/posts were marked as read upon clicking Mark Channels Read at the bottom of the main page (main page bold gone, New Topics now empty). Went ahead and clicked Mark All Forums Read from the main page and it appeared to refresh the page, although there was no change since the forums were already read.

2. After there was a new post I clicked Mark All Forums Read from the main page--without first clicking Mark Channels Read first. It works as expected!

So maybe I've misunderstood and have been doing it differently than everyone else. I'm trying to get Mark All Forums Read to work while viewing the New Topics or Today's Posts search results page--which is where I do 98% of my forum navigation from. Should it work there, too?
                    -Wade

Comment

So maybe I've misunderstood and have been doing it differently than everyone else. I'm trying to get Mark All Forums Read to work while viewing the New Topics or Today's Posts search results page--which is where I do 98% of my forum navigation from. Should it work there, too?
                      New Topics will be removed but Today's Posts will not be removed. However any unread ones will change to un-bolded. Sounds like it's working as expected for you now.

Comment

New Topics will be removed but Today's Posts will not be removed. However any unread ones will change to un-bolded. Sounds like it's working as expected for you now.
                        I guess I wasn't clear. I expected--and would like for--the Mark All Forums Read link to work while I'm viewing Today's Posts, which is obviously just an advanced search results page. For me, the link is dead when viewing the Today's Posts page. For it to work as expected (for me), the link should work on that page since the link is there.

I would like for it to work while viewing the New Posts page, too, but if I'm understanding you correctly that link is going away.

EDIT: On rereading I see I misunderstood your statement about New Topics being removed, and that you're referring to the posts listed on that search page and not the link itself. So my request (expectation?) is that the Mark All Forums Read link would work while viewing both those search pages. Thanks.
                        -Wade

Comment

The Mark All Forums Read link is working on one of my home PCs but not another. Also still doesn't work on Chrome on my Android phone--whether connected to AT&T cellular data or my home WIFI (same network as my home PCs that are working as expected) or office WIFI. On all PCs it either works in multiple browsers or in none, so apparently I have a device-level configuration issue rather than LAN/router level or browser level. Works on 1 of 5 devices I've tried so far.

The one PC that it works on is running Win10 Home. The ones it isn't working on are on Win10 Pro. Don't know if that means anything--especially given the android issue.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions welcome.

EDIT: Just fired up another Win10 Pro laptop, and the link also doesn't work there.
                          Last edited by Wade; July 31, 2018, 06:39 PM.
                          -Wade

Comment

any chance the old forum returns.... I liked the feel of it... and the searched worked...

Devoir

Comment

The Mark All Forums Read link is working on one of my home PCs but not another. Also still doesn't work on Chrome on my Android phone--whether connected to AT&T cellular data or my home WIFI (same network as my home PCs that are working as expected) or office WIFI. On all PCs it either works in multiple browsers or in none, so apparently I have a device-level configuration issue rather than LAN/router level or browser level. Works on 1 of 5 devices I've tried so far.

The one PC that it works on is running Win10 Home. The ones it isn't working on are on Win10 Pro. Don't know if that means anything--especially given the android issue.

Any other troubleshooting suggestions welcome.

EDIT: Just fired up another Win10 Pro laptop, and the link also doesn't work there.
                              I'm pretty much out of suggestions for you. I just tried the link on my home PC (Windows 7 Ultimate, Google Chrome); works just like the office PC. Since you got it to work on one device but not the others, try setting your browser to its default settings. If that doesn't fix it, try turning off browser extensions... maybe there's a conflict. If that doesn't work, I guess we need to wait and see if others are having the issue too... maybe there will be some commonality. That's all I got!

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
                                any chance the old forum returns.... I liked the feel of it... and the searched worked...

Devoir
                                Please give me an example of what you'e trying to search for and I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X