No announcement yet.

PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

registered users should be able to subscribe to forums now.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      registered users should be able to subscribe to forums now.
      Hey Mark,
      Has anyone pinged Tapatalk to see if we can get it working correctly with the new forum? I'm still not getting Tapatalk notifications for subscribed threads or replies to my posts. The only thing I can do is view all posts that I haven't read yet, which is quite a few to go through every day.
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Thank you for sharing. I've been away from this board for a bit due to the conversion to the new "style". Quite frankly it makes me want to barf. But I remember now why I love to come here. It's not for the avatars, or the "modern" look of the board, or the terrible smiley faces, or any of the new features. It's the amazing, smart, and talented people on it.

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        This may read like a short story....

Perhaps some context. I have spoken about my past forums. One of my biggest was www.bmwlt.com, which I sold in 2012. This is a motorcycling community that I helped start in 1999. It was dedicated to the then new BMW K1200LT touring motorcycle. The site and community was dedicated to our love of motorcycle touring and the camaraderie we shared online. We started with a handful of members on an Egroups bulletin board. Bruce M Wagner (BMW) started the group and I was the first to join him in building the community and developing guidelines for behavior for the members. The Internet was the wild wild west and we wanted to keep our community from devolving into one flame war after another as was usually the case. The first year ended with a couple hundred members.

In 2000 we had grown to about 1000 members and decided to get together in Broken Bow Oklahoma for our first Curve Cowboy Reunion, with about 60 K1200LT riders from all across the USA riding to Oklahoma for a long weekend of riding, eating, and storytelling over Scotch and cigars. We called it CCR. Although the first gathering wasn't a true reunion as many of us were there for the first time, The initial ride was a handful of Texans who had ridden the area a few months prior. At that first "official" gathering I and a couple of others decided to turn this into an annual event. We also decided to form a 501(c)3 organization so that we could undertake charitable causes.

Our first Reunion under the new organization was in Hot Springs, AR, just 12 days after 9/11. We had almost 200 riders. I served on the CCR Board of Directors until 2014 and was chairman for 4 reunions. The reunions continued until 2015. We raised over $250,000 for local charities over those years and had a peak attendance of about 600 riders.

Egroups became Yahoogroups a year or two after we started and we all became tired of the advertising intrusions and we had outgrown the simple listserver concept. We purchased the domain k1200lt.com and started forums using UBBThreads in 2003. The forum community grew and grew to about 20,000 members at the time I sold it. We purchased the domain bmwlt.com in 2005 because we still wanted to show our commitment to BMW Luxury Touring, but did not want to be tied to a single model.

There were many great things about this community. First and foremost, we were riders. We loved to ride, rode long distances and rode often. Many of us were "Iron Butt" riders. The most common rides were 1000 mile days (Saddle Sore 1000), but a few did far more demanding rides such as 1500 miles in 36 hours (Bun Burner 1500), 1500 miles in 24 hours (Bun Burner Gold 1500), CC50 (coast to coast in 50 hours or less), CCC100 (coast to coast to coast in 100 hours or less), the 4 corners run (hitting the furthest NW, SW, SE and NW corners of the US in a single trip) and the Iron Butt Rally (over 11,000 miles in 11 days).

I am not as dedicated to the Iron Butt as some, though I have my share of 1000 mile days and 7-10,000 mile trips. Through this community I met people of all sorts of professions from all over the world. Even at the annual Reunions we had people from all over the world. They would ship their bikes to the US, rent bikes here and some members even gave up their bikes for foreign visitors to ride. This was an amazingly supportive, welcoming, dedicated and trusting group. We were a network that any fellow member could call on for help and help would always be there. I could go on for hours with all of the amazing acts of kindness I witnessed.

Over the years I and many of the founding members graduated from the K1200LT to many other models. I had several K-series bikes from 1200CC 4-cylinder -1600CC 6-cylinder. I became enamored with the R1200GS. I have ridden the GS to the Arctic Circle and 1000s of miles of dirt in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

One of my friends from the Community "Ken" was a very dedicated Iron Butt rider who had ridden in the big rally a couple of times. We were all BMW riders and had vicarious relationships with other famous BMW riders like the Food Network's Alton Brown, Star Wars' Ewan McGregor and Rush's Neil Peart. McGregor had done the video series "A Long Way Round". These "stars" all were real riders like us, who ride in any conditions over long distances and just love to ride. Neil wrote several books about riding, his first "Ghost Rider", in 2002 was about healing himself by staying on the move on his bike after losing his wife and daughter. Many of us could relate to just how motorcycling can heal your soul.

Because of Niel's books and his dedication to riding, many of us either remained or became Rush fans. Neil preferred riding to tour busses most of the time. He travelled on his R1150GS and later his R1200GS motorcycles between venues, while the rest of the band were in their tour busses. Needless to say, my friend Ken is also a huge Neil Peart and Rush fan. He is also a BMW rider, with all of his Iron Butt accomplishments on various BMW motorcycles. In 2012 Ken adopted an avatar that merged the BMW Roundel with the Rush Starman logo for his community profile.

Click image for larger version Name:	Starman-Logo-cropped-web-100.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.1 KB ID:	1237071

Click image for larger version Name:	BMWRushAvatar1.gif Views:	1 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	1237072

When HS launched this new community and my Avatar was blanked, and as I was looking through my files, I came across Ken's Avatar. That logo reminds me of all of the good times my wife and I had on Motorcycles. I was thinking about time gone by and looking forward to another motorcycle tour, wherever it may take me. Over my lifetime I might have close to a half million motorcycle miles and more than 50,000 miles in a single season several times. I can attest to the old saw "you will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a Psychologist's office". On many occasions a good long ride cleared my head after particularly bad circumstances. Those who ride understand, but it is lost on those who don't.

So that is a condensed version of how I ended up with the avatar, but it will be gone today. It may appear again. The dog is our Border Terrier Riley

Click image for larger version Name:	rileyavi.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	1237074

who was a handsome child

Click image for larger version Name:	RileyAvi.png Views:	1 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	1237075
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
          Thank you for sharing. I've been away from this board for a bit due to the conversion to the new "style". Quite frankly it makes me want to barf. But I remember now why I love to come here. It's not for the avatars, or the "modern" look of the board, or the terrible smiley faces, or any of the new features. It's the amazing, smart, and talented people on it.

Thank you. The old board had a good feel to it and I was comfortable with it. Unfortunately change was needed, due to how dangerous open vulnerabilities on unpatched software can be. There are a lot of very neat features in the new software, but it takes a little time to relearn how to do things and for HS to fine tune the configuration. There are a couple of things I miss, but change is inevitable.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

I'm pretty much out of suggestions for you. I just tried the link on my home PC (Windows 7 Ultimate, Google Chrome); works just like the office PC. Since you got it to work on one device but not the others, try setting your browser to its default settings. If that doesn't fix it, try turning off browser extensions... maybe there's a conflict. If that doesn't work, I guess we need to wait and see if others are having the issue too... maybe there will be some commonality. That's all I got!
            macromark Finally happened onto the solution for getting Mark All Forums Read link to work when viewing Today's Posts. It's the GUI style. The link does not work for me when using the Default vB5 Style and works using the Cool Blue style. This is repeatable and happens 100% of the time for me. Needless to say I'll be sticking with Cool Blue moving forward.
            -Wade

Comment

Why isn't the site secured with ssl? those are free from lets-encrypt.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Now on to the next, likely self-imposed, forum browsing issue. Is anyone else having problem with the Go To Last Post link (double arrow at far right of topic in New Topics or Today's Posts page? It takes me to the top of the last page of posts in the topic, but doesn't scroll the page down to the particular post. This is in Chrome on Win10 Pro. Been happening for the past day or so and is consistent. It's the same under both GUI styles - Default and Cool Blue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1239015
                -Wade

Comment

Works here fine with Firefox on Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18.04.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lastpostlink.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.3 KB ID:	1239031
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Are signatures gone? I do not see a place to enter it
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      Are signatures gone? I do not see a place to enter it
                      Click on your name at the upper right, then User Settings, Then Account and it is about the middle of the page under Conversation Detail Options. You can choose what elements you want to see in posts and/or edit your signature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B4B92338-6D6E-47C1-8B30-9BA7783917AA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	1239039

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

[USER="35205"]Needless to say I'll be sticking with Cool Blue moving forward.
                        Cool Blue is the only theme I'm customizing so... any mod I do will be in this theme. FYI
                        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                          Why isn't the site secured with ssl? those are free from lets-encrypt.
                          Are you referring to this message board, to https://forums.homeseer.com?

Comment

Click on your name at the upper right, then User Settings, Then Account and it is about the middle of the page under Conversation Detail Options. You can choose what elements you want to see in posts and/or edit your signature.

Click image for larger version Name:	B4B92338-6D6E-47C1-8B30-9BA7783917AA.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	1239039
                            Blade's post prompted me to look at this and I don't seem have the option either, although I recall it being there shortly after the transition from vB3. The apparent variation in board appearance and function from user to user is confounding. Or maybe it's not to those who know how vB actually functions.

Views:	64
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1239044
                            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

Blade's post prompted me to look at this and I don't seem have the option either, although I recall it being there shortly after the transition from vB3. The apparent variation in board appearance and function from user to user is confounding. Or maybe it's not to those who know how vB actually functions.

Views:	64
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1239044
                              Two things I would suggest. 1) make sure you’re on the Cool Blue theme (bottom left of the page) and 2) log out, clear cache and log back in. If it is still not there HS will have to look into it. If you had a signature on the old board, you should still have it. It was tied to group memberships on the old board and those groups are not on this new software.

Comment

Two things I would suggest. 1) make sure you’re on the Cool Blue theme (bottom left of the page) and 2) log out, clear cache and log back in. If it is still not there HS will have to look into it. If you had a signature on the old board, you should still have it. It was tied to group memberships on the old board and those groups are not on this new software.
                                Did as suggested, plus quit and restarted chrome after clearing the cache. Still not there. I never had a signature on the old board, although I was member of a couple groups and had the option. The ability to add a signature was definitely there after initial migration to vB5 because I started drafting one a week or so ago then cancelled it without saving.

I'm on cool blue. Learned my lesson with the Mark All Forums Read issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	1239061
                                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X