PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

I've checked the Tapatalk settings that we have control over and there does not appear to be anything I can do on this end to fix these issues... to fix how Tapatalk is taking the information and displaying it.

Have you tried using the forum with just a browser on your phone? The theme is now responsive and it should work well.
    I am doing this now, but still don't like it compared to Tapatalk.

I think a lot of the issue is the sticky first post that's always at the top even in the web view- irrespective of the order you choose to read posts (first or last at top). I always want to see last post at top, now in the web UI I see the first post followed by the last (most recent) then the next most recent. As zwolfpack shows in his screenshot Tapatalk is displaying the original post with the most recent author all mixed up.

Can we try changing the behaviour so that the original post isn't always at the top (like the old forum) or make it user configurable?
    cheeryfool

Comment

We're rebuilding the search index now so this will take a little while to finish. However, the search function appears to work properly now! Search terms with hyphens (like "Z-Wave" or "1-Wire") are now correctly returning results. YAY!!!
      ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

with hyphens...

working now Mark.

Still cannot post a PM...

Click image for larger version

Name:	messages.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1241160
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Mark -
          Please see the post here where I make mention of posts not being shown after being read. IMHO this is one of the last things that if fixed, would bring the board to a better feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            Mark -
            Please see the post here where I make mention of posts not being shown after being read. IMHO this is one of the last things that if fixed, would bring the board to a better feel.
            The New Topics link in the navbar has been renamed New Unread Topics to better clarify what the link actually does. I personally like what that does and I use it myself. That said, are you looking for a link that does exactly the same thing but leaves the read messages in the list? If so, then "New" topics doesn't describe it too well. Jon00's link was for New Topics this past week I think...
            ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

The New Topics link in the navbar has been renamed New Unread Topics to better clarify what the link actually does. I personally like what that does and I use it myself. That said, are you looking for a link that does exactly the same thing but leaves the read messages in the list? If so, then "New" topics doesn't describe it too well. Jon00's link was for New Topics this past week I think...
              The link is fine, it shows me unread items and perhaps it's the way I read forums.
              I click "New Unread Topics" only one time per session.
              I then click back-arrow in browser (or Alt-Left arrow on KB) to return to the list of topics.
              This is the part that has changed. The item should remain in the list, showing that it was read, by it having a dimmed appearance - not disappearing.

This can be helpful because maybe when I'm done replying to a post - or whatever - then return to the list - I may have thought of something worthwhile to subscribe to but no longer have the chance because the post is gone. Of course the answer is "make sure I do it when I have the chance" and of course I can figure out what it was - then find it again but the continuity is lost by then and I simply choose not to. I'll learn to live with it but, it was better behavior in the old board. Other boards act this way (leaving dimmed post) as well which is why I had stated that I believed it to be a configuration error, which eventually gets fixed.

Comment

If you want a list of the most recent posts and have them show whether you have read them or not, choose Todayโ€™s Posts. If you have not read them they ar bolded, if you have they are not. Each new session both lists will essentially be the same with regards to the last time you visited. Todayโ€™s Posts will have more threads below the most recent, and will include threads you have already read, but otherwise they will be the same
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I guess if nobody else still cares about the messed up Tapatalk situation I will have to live with the mobile browser experience. Anyone?
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                    I guess if nobody else still cares about the messed up Tapatalk situation I will have to live with the mobile browser experience. Anyone?
                    It's frustrating ๐Ÿ™

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      If you want a list of the most recent posts and have them show whether you have read them or not, choose Todayโ€™s Posts. If you have not read them they ar bolded, if you have they are not. Each new session both lists will essentially be the same with regards to the last time you visited. Todayโ€™s Posts will have more threads below the most recent, and will include threads you have already read, but otherwise they will be the same
                      What you describe is a work-around (IMHO). I'd like it to behave properly. I'll get used to it.

Comment

I find the new board a complete disappointment....endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

Click on the last post icon on a thread and it goes to the top of the last page rather than the last post. Yet more scrolling....

We have lost the location of a poster so regional issues (which occur in software) cannot now be easily identified.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board. Perhaps I'm just getting old....
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          ...endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

Click on the last post icon on a thread and it goes to the top of the last page rather than the last post. Yet more scrolling....

We have lost the location of a poster so regional issues (which occur in software) cannot now be easily identified.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board.

Perhaps I'm just getting old....
                          Yes, yes, yes, yes.

And yes, me as well.

Sent using Tapatalk

Edit: Your 2nd point about the link going to the top of the last makes using Today's Posts maddening. I posted about this a few days ago but got no response so thought it was an issue with my system and not affecting others. Thanks for mentioning it.
                          Last edited by Wade; August 16, 2018, 01:07 PM.
                          -Wade

Comment

I find the new board a complete disappointment....endless white space with scrolling and things just don't work.

I understand why it needed to be updated but I would have thought Vbulletin would have enhanced the user experience; especially when this is a two version jump from the old board. Perhaps I'm just getting old....
                            Not going to the last post is annoying too!
                            This board and the HS website are the public face of HomeSeer. You might think they would want it "washed" and as presentable as possible...? Sadly, if an administrator doesn't "mind" us having to work-around or they themselves do not use it in the same manner as others - not seeing there are flaws - it goes unfixed.
                            We all become accustomed to the sub-standards; life goes on. The adds should be coming back soon, they are probably losing money there. Then - this is all "normal".

Comment

I am looking into both of these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

What you describe is a work-around (IMHO). I'd like it to behave properly. I'll get used to it.
                                I guess you want threads you have read to show up on โ€œNew Unread Topicsโ€? Would it be be behaving properly ? And looking at a list of Todayโ€™s Posts in reverse chronological order is a work around?

It sounds like you want the list generated on your initial search to remain when you go back to that page. Because vBulletin is now dynamic, hitting the back arrow on your browser causes a fresh fetch of data on a page reload, where vBulletin 3 reloaded the originally built page without a fresh query of the database. I prefer the current behavior.

Mark has the search working well well and has pledged to looking into the new post icon taking you to the top of the last page. Those are two things I would like to see fixed. I also would like the member name to be available in an advanced search, but it is available after one. Not as good, but almost. Like Jon, I donโ€™t like all the white space and would really like to see a users location when they post, but overall I am comfortable with the new software. There are many things it does much better with regard to creating posts and adding attachments than vB 3 did. Maybe a userโ€™s location could be added to all of the unused real estate under their avatar. I believe that is a configuration option.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X