PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    Mark has... pledged to looking into the new post icon taking you to the top of the last page.
    We changed a setting that simplified the display URL and also allowed topics with special characters to be accessible. However, that change crippled the "Go to last post" feature. I just backed that change out and the feature appears to work OK now. Let me know if you encounter topics that cannot be accessed.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      Click on the last post icon on a thread and it goes to the top of the last page rather than the last post. Yet more scrolling....
      Fixed

Comment

Playing with the style customization a bit.

Increased font size and using black for text.

Click image for larger version

Name:	style.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1241625

What is the name of this backround as I type? It is a light shade of blue I think. It is too light for me.

I would like to make it darker like in this quote below:

Like the shading on this quote.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Fixed
          Wonderful. Thank you.
          -Wade

Comment

Fixed
            when viewing latest activity the text under thread title is still from the first post in the thread-not from the last post. The previous board showed text of last post in each thread in thread view. It is extremely irritating to have to open each thread and scroll to see the text of latest post for each thread when previously this was not required.

Can can you fix this?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

when viewing latest activity the text under thread title is still from the first post in the thread-not from the last post. The previous board showed text of last post in each thread in thread view. It is extremely irritating to have to open each thread and scroll to see the text of latest post for each thread when previously this was not required.

Can can you fix this?
              FWIW - this behavior is the same as the main complaint that I and several others have with Tapatalk. It's reasonable to hope that fixing one might fix them both...

Comment

I guess you want threads you have read to show up on “New Unread Topics”? Would it be be behaving properly ? And looking at a list of Today’s Posts in reverse chronological order is a work around?

It sounds like you want the list generated on your initial search to remain when you go back to that page. Because vBulletin is now dynamic, hitting the back arrow on your browser causes a fresh fetch of data on a page reload, where vBulletin 3 reloaded the originally built page without a fresh query of the database. I prefer the current behavior.

Apparently you had never used the board as I had, or it would be perfectly clear. I have articulated my issue so that anyone can figure out exactly what I'm saying. I seem to be the only one who "misses" the old behavior. So mote it be.

Comment

Fixed
                  Thanks. Moving forward slowly!

I really cannot understand why a bulletin board designed for worldwide use cannot handle special characters and you are having to spend numerous hours tweaking and testing this. The old board had no issues with special & international characters so what is different?

Maybe a user’s location could be added to all of the unused real estate under their avatar. I believe that is a configuration option.
                  Having the avatar, post count, Facebook and Twitter icons etc vertically is the cause of all the white space. Having these along the top of the post (which is also unused space) would allow the table to shrink to fit the text posted. Aesthetics over functionality again....More scrolling.....
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Thanks. Moving forward slowly!

I really cannot understand why a bulletin board designed for worldwide use cannot handle special characters and you are having to spend numerous hours tweaking and testing this. The old board had no issues with special & international characters so what is different?
                    Unless someone tells me otherwise, this is fixed now too.

Comment

Can can you fix this?
                      Can you post a screen shot of this? I can't replicate this problem.

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of this? I can't replicate this problem.
                        Text highlighted is from 1st post of threads. Would be more useful if it were from most recent post instead. Same as shown earlier in the Tapatalk screenshots.

Click image for larger version  Name:	latest activity.PNG Views:	1 Size:	413.7 KB ID:	1241658

Comment

Unless someone tells me otherwise, this is fixed now too.

My comment was directed at the time you have spent sorting out the special character issue when it should just work out of the box....
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Text highlighted is from 1st post of threads. Would be more useful if it were from most recent post instead. Same as shown earlier in the Tapatalk screenshots.
                            Thanks for explaining. I've never checked that list before... I usually just click "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts" to see the latest activity. That said, I posted the question on vBulletin's own support forum (which seems to behave the same way)... I'll see what they respond with.

Comment

Thanks for explaining. I've never checked that list before... I usually just click "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts" to see the latest activity. That said, I posted the question on vBulletin's own support forum (which seems to behave the same way)... I'll see what they respond with.
                              The previous homeseer board worked this way too. It is the new homeseer board that does not work correctly. It does not matter which view you choose they all work the wrong way. In any list of threads the text under the thread title shows the first post in the thread not the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	topic-start-last-post.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1241789

The previous homeseer board worked this way too. It is the new homeseer board that does not work correctly. It does not matter which view you choose they all work the wrong way. In any list of threads the text under the thread title shows the first post in the thread not the last.
                                Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:

Comment

Working...
                                X