• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	topic-start-last-post.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1241789 Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:
    This is what I am seeing. Notice that the text under the thread title is from the first post. Not the last.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post

This is what I am seeing. Notice that the text under the thread title is from the first post. Not the last.
      Are you specifically clicking "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts"? If not, try those and see what you get.
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Looks correct to me. If I click New or Today's Posts, I get a list of threads (with original poster) and can also click a button to get to the last post. Here's what I'm seeing:
        I agree, those lists are fine. The issues are the 'Latest Activities' view and the ones in Tapatalk.

If it helps, the message text shown the 'My Subscriptions' view is as preferred. Unrelated, the thread sort in this view is strange. I think its sorted by date of 1st post of the thread (which isn't shown so is fairly confusing).
        Click image for larger version

Name:	my subscriptions.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	417.8 KB
ID:	1241825the sort of

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          The issues are the 'Latest Activities' view and the ones in Tapatalk.
          Right, I know. See my post from the previous page. It appears to be the way that list was designed. I'm looking into it.

πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Mark,
            Is there a limit on how many multiple-choice answers can be in a poll? I tried creating a poll with 9 possibilities and get "Invalid server response".

Thanks,
            Fred
            Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post
              Mark,
              Is there a limit on how many multiple-choice answers can be in a poll? I tried creating a poll with 9 possibilities and get "Invalid server response".

Thanks,
              Fred
              There's no limit. I just tried creating a poll and it worked OK for me. Try again... maybe just a glitch?

Comment

Yep, just a glitch. Tried again and it worked.
                Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

macromark Reiterating an earlier request by me and others, can you configure the notification emails to include the entire post body rather than truncating after the first few words? Thank you.
                  -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                    macromark Reiterating an earlier request by me and others, can you configure the notification emails to include the entire post body rather than truncating after the first few words? Thank you.
                    Yeah, kind of irritating. Also if anyone has figured a way to duplicate the 'new posts' of the old board, I'd be greatful.
                    Don

Comment

HST team,
                      great job refreshing the forum skin. It looks very pretty. browsing the forum from home and work on windows using Firefox works splendidly. I will note I am having a little trouble opening some of the posts in Tapatalk.

Comment

I've checked the Tapatalk settings that we have control over and there does not appear to be anything I can do on this end to fix these issues... to fix how Tapatalk is taking the information and displaying it.

Have you tried using the forum with just a browser on your phone? The theme is now responsive and it should work well.
                        Hi Mark,
                        We used to have the option to subscribe to specific threads in Tapatalk and receive notifications when someone posted to those threads, receive notifications when someone quoted your post or receive new / relevant posts in the Feed. That seems to have stopped working in Tapatalk since the upgrade.

Using a web browser on a cell phone or iPad, I’ve got to believe, was not the upgrade that you were hoping for...it seems like a step backwards from the old forum.

My intent is not to bring the mood down about the new forum, I just have to say from my point of view, as someone who tries to participate in this forum in the spirit of helping others and receiving help from this great community, Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that focuses in on the topics that I’ve participated in or subscribed to that now no longer works with the upgraded forum. If there is any way you could reach out to the Tapatalk tech support to see if there is anything they can do from their side to fix these issues it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The email notification is not working for me in this new forum. In prior forum I had subscriptions carried over to the new forum and for some of them (especially the ones for my plugins) I had it configured to send daily emails. Other subscriptions were set to not send email notifications.

I checked / selected all notification options in my configuration, but no luck at this point. Any suggestion what to check, enable and how to easily debug this? Also in the new forum I have not found an option per subscription to select if email notification should be enabled or not? Where is this setting / configuration in the new forum?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                            The email notification is not working for me in this new forum. In prior forum I had subscriptions carried over to the new forum and for some of them (especially the ones for my plugins) I had it configured to send daily emails. Other subscriptions were set to not send email notifications.

I checked / selected all notification options in my configuration, but no luck at this point. Any suggestion what to check, enable and how to easily debug this? Also in the new forum I have not found an option per subscription to select if email notification should be enabled or not? Where is this setting / configuration in the new forum?

Thanks
                            Your "subscribe when posting" option was set to "no". I changed that to yes. However, that probably won't help with this message!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Tapatalk is now enabled, any issues, please post.

Hey Rich,
                              Tapatalk notifications no longer work with vB5. When someone quoted my post I would get a notification under Notifications>You. Or if someone posted a new post to one of the threads I subscribed to then it would appear under Notifications >Subscriptions

I have found a work around by going into Groups>Homeseer>subscribed but it isn’t very convenient as I have to go check to see if there are new posts as apposed to just getting notifications. Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that I’ve come to depend on and I hope this is something that you will be able to fix.
                              Thank you

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Rich,
                                Tapatalk notifications no longer work with vB5. When someone quoted my post I would get a notification under Notifications>You. Or if someone posted a new post to one of the threads I subscribed to then it would appear under Notifications >Subscriptions

I have found a work around by going into Groups>Homeseer>subscribed but it isn’t very convenient as I have to go check to see if there are new posts as apposed to just getting notifications. Tapatalk has been a very useful tool that I’ve come to depend on and I hope this is something that you will be able to fix.
                                Thank you

Your "subscribe when posting" options was set to "no". I changed that to "yes". Perhaps that will help?

Comment

Working...
                                X