PLEASE PUT MESSAGE BOARD SUGGESTIONS HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Your "subscribe when posting" options was set to "no". I changed that to "yes". Perhaps that will help?
    Hi Mark, yeah I saw that but didn't think that setting would do more than just subscribe me to everything I post to. I would think that if I am subscribed to a thread that Tapatalk would still send me a notification as it did in vB3. I didn't have the "subscribe when posting" selected before the change to vB5 either. Either way I'll test it out and let you know if I get a notification if you reply to this post.
    Thanks
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

By the way, where did the signature setup go? I had a signature setup and now it's not showing up in my posts and I can't find the settings for it anywhere?
      Plugin's:

Comment

Are you specifically clicking "New Unread Topics" or "Today's Posts"? If not, try those and see what you get.
        I’m giving up on this. Seems like I’m getting the run-around here. I was very clear what the problem was. You solution is to keep asking me to β€œtry” things rather than solve the problem. Also the same behavior is evident in Tapatalk.

Not happy about the new forum as I cannot read it efficiently using any mobile mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
          By the way, where did the signature setup go? I had a signature setup and now it's not showing up in my posts and I can't find the settings for it anywhere?
          Board help says the below, but that option does not appear on the settings page. Guess it is not enabled.

" How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.

This option may be disabled by the Administrator. The Administrator may also have restrictions on how many lines or characters may be in the signature."
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Originally posted by ITguyHS View Post

Board help says the below, but that option does not appear on the settings page. Guess it is not enabled.

" How do I edit my signature?

You can set and change your signature by going to your username in the upper right corner > click to get the drop down > select User Settings. On that page, select the Account tab and then go down to the area that says "Conversation Detail Options". On the right side, you will see the option "Edit Post Signature". If you click that link, you will get a popup editor that will allow you to enter/edit your signature.

This option may be disabled by the Administrator. The Administrator may also have restrictions on how many lines or characters may be in the signature."
            Yeah, the settings for my signature seem to be enabled and disabled at random times. It was enabled soon after the new board went up, I edited my signature and now my signature is gone along with the settings to edit it. Not sure this is the most stable version of vBulletin.
            Plugin's:

Comment

Your "subscribe when posting" options was set to "no". I changed that to "yes". Perhaps that will help?
              Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Tapatalk is now enabled, any issues, please post.

Mark, the setting change that you made to my account doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with Tapatalk notifications. Also there is another issue where the signature settings seem to be enabled and disabled on my account.
              Plugin's:

Comment

Hi Mark:

Some help would be appreciated here. How can I get to 'posts since last visited' in a format similar to the old board.

Is it possible to have the email alerts sent to me when there is a new post be readable? As of now they are truncated and impossible to read.

Thanks
                Don

Comment

Please fix the Forum e-mail notification.
                  A number of users are having an issue of not receiving e-mail notification. When I set up frequency to "ON, DAILY" I get nothing. When I set to "ON" I get e-mail notifications(I assume as they post?)

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                    Please fix the Forum e-mail notification.
                    A number of users are having an issue of not receiving e-mail notification. When I set up frequency to "ON, DAILY" I get nothing. When I set to "ON" I get e-mail notifications(I assume as they post?)
                    It appears to be a vBulletin bug. See the topic i started on their support forum: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...tings-for-this

Until they fix the bug, the work-around is to set your notifications to "ON" instead of daily.
                    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Mark, the setting change that you made to my account doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with Tapatalk notifications.
                      Not sure how to fix Tapatalk notification issues. There are no specific settings in vBulleting for Tapatalk notifications.

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                      Hi Mark:

Some help would be appreciated here. How can I get to 'posts since last visited' in a format similar to the old board.

Is it possible to have the email alerts sent to me when there is a new post be readable? As of now they are truncated and impossible to read.

Thanks
                      email notification snippet length is hard-coded into the new board. There are no settings to change this. See this thread I posted on vBulletin's support forum:
                      https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...ke-them-longer

πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

I don't know if it is already requested but ik would like to have back the option to show all new messages after last logon.
                        Todays posts is just to short for me in most cases .
                        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
                        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
                        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
                          I don't know if it is already requested but ik would like to have back the option to show all new messages after last logon.
                          Todays posts is just to short for me in most cases .
                          New Unread Topics should give you every new or updated thread since your last visit.

You can bookmark this link to get the last 7 days
                          Code:
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON=%7B"last"%3A%7B"from"%3A"lastWeek"%7D%2C"view"%3A"topic"%2C"starter_only"%3A+1%2C"sort"%3A%7B"lastcontent"%3A"desc"%7D%2C"exclude_type"%3A%5B"vBForum_PrivateMessage"%5D%7D
                          Click here to test. Then bookmark. Unread threads will be bolded.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Not sure if this has been asked for but would it be possible to get some better formatting for stuff posted in code snippets? It does not allow tab indentation (unless you do it manually in the advanced editor) or auto colours (some forum software I have seen does this) and makes a block of code difficult to read if it is more than a couple of lines. Example like this;

Code:
                            Dim FirstDate As DateTime = DateTime.Now.AddMonths(-6)Dim LastDeviceChanged As Integer = -1
                            Dim ArrOfDevices() As Integer = {298, 150, 158, 37, 140, 1759, 447, 2386, 2796}
                            Dim SetDevice as boolean = false
                            For Each SingleDevice As Integer In ArrOfDevices
                            'hs.writelog("OccChec", "(Ref: " & SingleDevice & ") " & hs.devicename(SingleDevice) & " - Device Last Change: " & hs.devicelastchangeref(SingleDevice))
                            If FirstDate < hs.devicelastchangeref(SingleDevice) Then
                            FirstDate = hs.devicelastchangeref(SingleDevice)
                            LastDeviceChanged = SingleDevice
                            End If
                            Next
                            hs.writelog("OccCheck", "** ---> Last Device Changed: " & hs.devicename(LastDeviceChanged) & " **")

Comment

It would be handy if we could get the ability to disable smileys and signatures on individual posts. I don’t know if can be done in vB5. There are times we want to post items that can be interpreted as a smiley. We could do both on the old board, now we have to be careful to put code wrappers around items.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yeah, the settings for my signature seem to be enabled and disabled at random times. It was enabled soon after the new board went up, I edited my signature and now my signature is gone along with the settings to edit it. Not sure this is the most stable version of vBulletin.
                                Did this get changed yet? I had a signature on the old board and it does not show up on the new one and the way to access it according to the directions is not there.

Michael
                                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X