X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by macromark View Post

The New Topics link in the navbar has been renamed New Unread Topics to better clarify what the link actually does. I personally like what that does and I use it myself. That said, are you looking for a link that does exactly the same thing but leaves the read messages in the list? If so, then "New" topics doesn't describe it too well. Jon00's link was for New Topics this past week I think...
    The link is fine, it shows me unread items and perhaps it's the way I read forums.
    I click "New Unread Topics" only one time per session.
    I then click back-arrow in browser (or Alt-Left arrow on KB) to return to the list of topics.
    This is the part that has changed. The item should remain in the list, showing that it was read, by it having a dimmed appearance - not disappearing.

This can be helpful because maybe when I'm done replying to a post - or whatever - then return to the list - I may have thought of something worthwhile to subscribe to but no longer have the chance because the post is gone. Of course the answer is "make sure I do it when I have the chance" and of course I can figure out what it was - then find it again but the continuity is lost by then and I simply choose not to. I'll learn to live with it but, it was better behavior in the old board. Other boards act this way (leaving dimmed post) as well which is why I had stated that I believed it to be a configuration error, which eventually gets fixed.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Mark -
    Please see the post here where I make mention of posts not being shown after being read. IMHO this is one of the last things that if fixed, would bring the board to a better feel.
    The New Topics link in the navbar has been renamed New Unread Topics to better clarify what the link actually does. I personally like what that does and I use it myself. That said, are you looking for a link that does exactly the same thing but leaves the read messages in the list? If so, then "New" topics doesn't describe it too well. Jon00's link was for New Topics this past week I think...

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Mark -
    Please see the post here where I make mention of posts not being shown after being read. IMHO this is one of the last things that if fixed, would bring the board to a better feel.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    with hyphens...

working now Mark.

Still cannot post a PM...

Click image for larger version

Name:	messages.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	1241160

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    We're rebuilding the search index now so this will take a little while to finish. However, the search function appears to work properly now! Search terms with hyphens (like "Z-Wave" or "1-Wire") are now correctly returning results. YAY!!!

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied

I've checked the Tapatalk settings that we have control over and there does not appear to be anything I can do on this end to fix these issues... to fix how Tapatalk is taking the information and displaying it.

Have you tried using the forum with just a browser on your phone? The theme is now responsive and it should work well.
    I am doing this now, but still don't like it compared to Tapatalk.

I think a lot of the issue is the sticky first post that's always at the top even in the web view- irrespective of the order you choose to read posts (first or last at top). I always want to see last post at top, now in the web UI I see the first post followed by the last (most recent) then the next most recent. As zwolfpack shows in his screenshot Tapatalk is displaying the original post with the most recent author all mixed up.

Can we try changing the behaviour so that the original post isn't always at the top (like the old forum) or make it user configurable?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

Yes that is the issue. However my biggest issue is the way the message indexes are shown, see the linked post. The old board showed the author and 1st line of the most recent post; this board shows the name of the most recent poster, but content from the 1st post. It's confusing.
    I've checked the Tapatalk settings that we have control over and there does not appear to be anything I can do on this end to fix these issues... to fix how Tapatalk is taking the information and displaying it.

Have you tried using the forum with just a browser on your phone? The theme is now responsive and it should work well.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied

so you're saying the code block displays OK here but not on Tapatalk? Is that the issue?
    Yes that is the issue. However my biggest issue is the way the message indexes are shown, see the linked post. The old board showed the author and 1st line of the most recent post; this board shows the name of the most recent poster, but content from the 1st post. It's confusing.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post

https://forums.homeseer.com/node/101...84#post1237984

This post and a few others from this thread got moved to the "Tapatalk issues" forum.

Code block test
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo "Hello world!"
    exit 0
    "Quote" test

Looks like "quote" is OK but "code" shows HTML code instead.
    so you're saying the code block displays OK here but not on Tapatalk? Is that the issue?

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    I just installed Tapatalk on my phone and browsed to this message and am replying to it. Can you tell me what the problem is?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    https://forums.homeseer.com/node/101...84#post1237984

This post and a few others from this thread got moved to the "Tapatalk issues" forum.

Code block test
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo "Hello world!"
    exit 0
    "Quote" test
    This is quoted

So is this
    Looks like "quote" is OK but "code" shows HTML code instead.

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    I just installed Tapatalk on my phone and browsed to this message and am replying to it. Can you tell me what the problem is?
    Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post

Any love for Tapatalk Mark?
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied

Native search is still broken for terms with hyphens and we continue to work on that. As a temporary fix, the board is now configured to use Google for searches.
    Any love for Tapatalk Mark?

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

please compare the results of searching "getbuffer" here vs using "getbuffer site:homeseer.com" at google.com

also, the search for "1-wire" produces nothing here
    Native search is still broken for terms with hyphens and we continue to work on that. As a temporary fix, the board is now configured to use Google for searches.

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied
    I am sure a lot of the issue is the first post being sticky at the top irrespective of whether you choose newest at bottom or top. Can this be turned off?

Leave a comment:

• cheeryfool
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X