X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by cowinger View Post
    Why does the forum go to Advanced Search when you click on Today's Posts if you are not logged in?
    I think it is because of human verification settings. The board probably cannot do a search unless you are a confirmed member. The search window doesn't work for guests either. This is the default behavior for vB5 to keep bots from killing system resources. They should probably remove that link.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	2.0 KB ID:	1236939

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    Why does the forum go to Advanced Search when you click on Today's Posts if you are not logged in?

Leave a comment:

• claude
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Noticed that Rupp had an animated GIF for his Avatar. When I tried to upload a small 80X80 gif got a message here:

You are not authorized to upload animated avatars.

It would be nice to have an animated Avatar.

I was able to add an animated GIF to my signature just now but do not see it in the signature below.
    No offence Pete, but what is the benefit of an animated avatar? I personally find these distracting and not adding any value. Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by rprade View Post
    If your vision is "normal" you shouldn't. "Viewers with dichromacyor anomalous trichromacy may read it as "21"",
    I'm partially color blind and I see the 21 just fine. So I must be missing a color gun

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    I'm constantly being logged out and the "Remember Me" doesn't seem to be working.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    I'm seeing images in posts and all of my old ones appear to be correct. Are you seeing the image i posted above? If you are not and are logged in, try logging out, clearing cache and logging back in.
    Thank goodness - and yes, I saw a 74, as did my wife.

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    This is bad. Half the helpful posts in these forums are worthless without their pictures. 😡
    I'm seeing images in posts and all of my old ones appear to be correct. Are you seeing the image i posted above? If you are not and are logged in, try logging out, clearing cache and logging back in.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Just noticed on my pre update forum posts that my post attachments are gone. I just see where they were but no pictures are attached to the forum posts.

IE: [ATTACH]pic[/ATTACH] show up but no picture is attached to post.
    This is bad. Half the helpful posts in these forums are worthless without their pictures. 😡

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Just noticed on my pre update forum posts that my post attachments are gone. I just see where they were but no pictures are attached to the forum posts.

Pete;

The vBcode is different in vB5 than vB3. The "attach" markers are now different providing more html-like formatting. an example:

PHP Code:
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version  Name:\tCapture.PNG Views:\t1 Size:\t71.3 KB ID:\t1198457","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"1198457","data-size":"custom"}[/ATTACH

All of this was taken care of in the conversion on my older posts. Going forward we are going to have to learn to use the new editor.

Here is an attached image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	62
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1236858

If you want to see the actual code making up a post, you will have to enter the advanced editing mode and use the :"view source" button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1236859
    Last edited by randy; July 28, 2018, 11:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cowinger
    replied
    If your vision is "normal" you shouldn't. "Viewers with dichromacyor anomalous trichromacy may read it as "21"",
    I see 74 and 71

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by donstephens View Post

For what it's worth, I don't see the number 21.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Relating to colors and an example. In this example of the Ishihara color test plate. I do not see the numbers 74 and 21.
    Looking at the forum I have issues with the some of the color fonts not seen too well. I understand that this is only related to some forum members.

Click image for larger version Name:	color.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	1236832
    For what it's worth, I don't see the number 21. I can see why this would be an issue for you. All in all, the new board isn't a good experience for me.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    I'm constantly being logged out and the "Remember Me" doesn't seem to be working.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    I now have a New Topics link in the top bar! Yay! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X