X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
    The only thing I ever used on the forum was the 'New Posts' button. Please re-add this. Thank you. I login, I click 'New Posts', I read them all, then I click 'Mark Forum Read, and log out.
    Try logging out then logging back in and let me know if this is now working for you.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Relating to colors and an example. In this example of the Ishihara color test plate. I do not see the numbers 74 and 21.
    Looking at the forum I have issues with the some of the color fonts not seen too well. I understand that this is only related to some forum members.

Click image for larger version  Name:	color.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	1236832

Leave a comment:

• ffarrell
    replied
    Please add back old posts. They were a resource.

thank you
    fvf

Leave a comment:

• MrMxyzptlk
    replied
    The only thing I ever used on the forum was the 'New Posts' button. Please re-add this. Thank you. I login, I click 'New Posts', I read them all, then I click 'Mark Forum Read, and log out.

Leave a comment:

• Jobee
    replied
    I went looking to a couple of my plugin forums and they are empty. An example is the Weather section. I use WeatherXML. When you click on the link, it says it it empty.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/we...her-discussion

I had to find an old posting of my own to get to all the old stuff.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Summerguy View Post

Thank you. But it seems i do not have this option
    This may be the same as the old software. You only get a signature if you belong to a group. Unfortunately I have yet to find where we can edit our group memberships.

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Use the following URL:
    Code:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%22lastWeek%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A+1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D
    It will show all posts for the last week (unread are kept in bold)
    Nice, Jon - you are indeed a wizard.
    Homeseer needs to fix this though.
    In the meantime, your URL works fine.

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Posts disappear after reading. See the third post in first screenshot below "Jon00 Event viewer and...." with the tiny indicator letting me know this is a topic where I have posts.

The post is now gone. I have seen this occur elsewhere over the years - this is a configuration problem.

Edit: yes, I know the post isn't really gone - the problem is that it should remain displayed.
    Use the following URL:
    Code:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON=%7B%22last%22%3A%7B%22from%22%3A%22lastWeek%22%7D%2C%22view%22%3A%22topic%22%2C%22starter_only%22%3A+1%2C%22sort%22%3A%7B%22lastcontent%22%3A%22desc%22%7D%2C%22exclude_type%22%3A%5B%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22%5D%7D
    It will show all posts for the last week (unread are kept in bold)

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I'll restate the fact that blue is hard to read and offer a +1 to the person suggesting larger fonts. I am currently typing in a font that doesn't appear to be any larger than 12 points. Modern practice is for the use of 14-16 points... and, for me, they are a LOT easier to read.

https://pielot.org/2016/01/optimal-f...for-web-pages/

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Posts disappear after reading. See the third post in first screenshot below "Jon00 Event viewer and...." with the tiny indicator letting me know this is a topic where I have posts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_70265.png Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	1236751

And now the next screenshot taken after I have read this topic, then returned to the main list of posts.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_70266.png Views:	1 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	1236752

The post is now gone. I have seen this occur elsewhere over the years - this is a configuration problem.

Edit: yes, I know the post isn't really gone - the problem is that it should remain displayed.

Edit - the expectation is that the post would remain visible, "dimmed" now because it has been read.
    Last edited by Monk; August 16, 2018, 05:27 AM. Reason: Additional edit - expected view.

Leave a comment:

• Richel
    replied
    Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    It would be great to have the poster's location on the left side where their other info appears. Sometimes it can provide some context.
    Agree! Elliott

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    1 - go to user settings
    2 - go to account tab
    3 - page down to:

Conversation Detail Options Visible Post Elements
    X Show Signatures
    X Show Avatars
    Edit Post Signature

4 - Edit Post Signature

Click image for larger version Name:	signature.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.7 KB ID:	1236693

What about having animated GIFs (asked about previously)?
    Thank you. But it seems i do not have this option

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Originally posted by larrywal32 View Post
    I'm really disappointed that the forum was updated but the ability to paste images directly into a post hasn't been added. As part of troubleshooting, I do that a ton and instead of just screen clipping my screen and pasting, I have to clip, paste into paint, save as image, then upload. I paste image this can be considered as a feature add in the future.
    I'd like that too. There does not appear to be an option for this in the forum software we're using.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Another formatting issue, this time on mobile. Post body text not wrapping. Haven't seen this elsewhere so far so could be a one-off bit flip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• larrywal32
    replied
    I'm really disappointed that the forum was updated but the ability to paste images directly into a post hasn't been added. As part of troubleshooting, I do that a ton and instead of just screen clipping my screen and pasting, I have to clip, paste into paint, save as image, then upload. I paste image this can be considered as a feature add in the future.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X