Corrupted old threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted old threads

Many of the threads and messages in my plug-in forums (SDJ-Health and SDJ-VStat) from before the board upgrade are now corrupted. I have had to recreate some of the sticky messages such as General Descriptions and Version history because most of the text had disappeared.

As an example when I view the thread linked below many of the messages are blank space.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/th...anual-override

I don't know how wide spread this is but there is a wealth of information in old threads which it is a shame to loose.

Steve

PS

Actually when I view the linked thread in TapaTalk I can read all the messages but when I view the forum in my Chrome browser messages #1, 2, 3, 7 and 9 are blank. Maybe it's a browser issue?
    Attached Files

It is fairly wide spread. I found a trick that helped me rebuild a dozen or so corrupted posts in the Event Clinic. Try clicking on the Quote link Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	691 Bytes
ID:	1242343at the bottom of the post. Then copy the entire block of text from the editing window, cancel the Quote and click on Edit. Then past the block of text back into the post and remove the Quote tags from the beginning and end of the post. That will get them back. Even though the original post is blank, Quoting it will bring back all of the text from the post.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      It is fairly wide spread. I found a trick that helped me rebuild a dozen or so corrupted posts in the Event Clinic. Try clicking on the Quote link Click image for larger version

ID:	1242343at the bottom of the post. Then copy the entire block of text from the editing window, cancel the Quote and click on Edit. Then past the block of text back into the post and remove the Quote tags from the beginning and end of the post. That will get them back. Even though the original post is blank, Quoting it will bring back all of the text from the post.
      Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Good tip Randy... seems to work well. Hopefully, it won't be a problem for any new threads.

Comment

Working...
        X