cannot see my last posts in my subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    Ok the gmail address is working here, getting replies on my posts today. So why don't I get anything on my upcmail.nl account? Because I really do not want to start using gmail accounts for other then junkmail?

Wim
    The new message board is installed on a different server than the old one. So, the email headers are probably a little different. My guess is that your upcmail.nl service is rejecting the new emails for some reason? Send them a copy of the header information (from a GMail reply) and ask them to check their server logs. The answer is somewhere there. Obviously, the board is sending emails and most folks are getting them without issue.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

The new message board is installed on a different server than the old one. So, the email headers are probably a little different. My guess is that your upcmail.nl service is rejecting the new emails for some reason? Send them a copy of the header information (from a GMail reply) and ask them to check their server logs. The answer is somewhere there. Obviously, the board is sending emails and most folks are getting them without issue.
      Last time this happened Rich had to do something on the HomeSeer end. What exactly would I send them?
      Billy

Comment

Mark,

I am wondering, you send me email directly to my address. You did this from the office. Is mail from this board going through the same mail serves as your direct mail? If not, then check on spamhause (and other server check settings) between those servers? as both servers send mail as @homeseer.com users there is hardly any expection that the receiving mail servers would deny one mail from another. My guess is that the two servers are using different blocking lists somehow.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

Last time this happened Rich had to do something on the HomeSeer end. What exactly would I send them?
          Rich remembered you had problems with this on the old board but he did not remember what he did to fix it. We do see errors in the sendmail log for your email address ("Data format error"). However, we have no direct fix for this. See the work-around below

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          Mark,

I am wondering, you send me email directly to my address. You did this from the office. Is mail from this board going through the same mail serves as your direct mail? If not, then check on spamhause (and other server check settings) between those servers? as both servers send mail as @homeseer.com users there is hardly any expection that the receiving mail servers would deny one mail from another. My guess is that the two servers are using different blocking lists somehow.

Wim
          Here's a work-around for you and Billy. Both of you... create GMail accounts and update your message board accounts with these new GMail addresses. Then, go into the settings for your GMail accounts and create a forward to your upcmail.nl and bellsouth.net accounts. That way, the notifications will send to your GMail accounts and then be automatically forwarded to your "real" accounts. It might not be an idea solution but it should work.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            Rich remembered you had problems with this on the old board but he did not remember what he did to fix it. We do see errors in the sendmail log for your email address ("Data format error"). However, we have no direct fix for this. See the work-around below

Here's a work-around for you and Billy. Both of you... create GMail accounts and update your message board accounts with these new GMail addresses. Then, go into the settings for your GMail accounts and create a forward to your upcmail.nl and bellsouth.net accounts. That way, the notifications will send to your GMail accounts and then be automatically forwarded to your "real" accounts. It might not be an idea solution but it should work.
            This is the thread of the old problem... https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...=190122&page=2

Rick mentioned that
            Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Ok, I should have checked the log, there are some errors with your email. Appears to be an issue with the DNS, your mail server does not like what we are sending. I made a change so if this post triggers an email. I can check log after I post this also.
            and

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Looked a little deeper and your SMTP server is blocking our IP. It looks like it did not like the fact that we did not have the correct MX record for the forum server. I have fixed that, but its still blocked. Might take a while for them to unblock it.
            Thanks for the suggestion on the workaround, actually I thought of that and decided not to do it. I can monitor the post when I login to check... I only wanted to let you know that I am not getting emails and if I am not, suspect that others are also not getting them. I know it sounds strange to be asking for more emails, normally we want them to stop, however these emails help me know when there is activity on something that I am interested in...

As for the HomeSeer sales emails, have not seen any of those either. Not that I am asking for more sales emails... but if you make money off the sales emails, I would expect that someone would want to figure out what is going on.. Because you are not reaching me and I suspect that you are not reaching others as well.

Good luck on the hunt... hope you figure it out.

FYI, I have checked my local SPAM filter, as well as logged into my provider and checked there as well... I simply do not have any emails from HomeSeer.
            Billy

Comment

Contact your ISP. When I was managing a couple of forums Comcast had us blacklisted. I had Comcast as an ISP. When I called they lifted the blocking. The tech that I spoke with said we were blocked due to complaints of SPAM. I told her that we never sent emails without someone registering. After the conversation, they lifted the block and it was never imposed again. Over the years we had problems with a number of other ISPs and they were all cleared by members contacting them as customers. Some of them bounced them and we could see the bounce while others simply vanished them so no one ever saw what happened.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yea, I tried finding an email address to send to for AT&T... but had very little luck.

I did find this, apparently I am not the only one, https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-A...n/td-p/4821368

Funny thing is, I get plenty of other emails... but absolutely nothing from HomeSeer.
                Billy

Comment

Working...
                X