Still on DST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still on DST

The time stamp is one hour ahead of actual time.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Does the top bar of the HS3 web gui show the correct time? If you ssh to the device does it show the correct time when you type date? Assumption is that you are using Linux.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Does the top bar of the HS3 web gui show the correct time? If you ssh to the device does it show the correct time when you type date? Assumption is that you are using Linux.
      Pete;

He is referring to forums.homeseer.com. This forum is for reporting problems with the forums (department of redundancy department?). The time stamps on the posts are off by an hour.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Pete;

He is referring to forums.homeseer.com. This forum is for reporting problems with the forums (department of redundancy department?). The time stamps on the posts are off by an hour.
        Correct.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
        "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yes posted and check time of post here and it is one hour ahead such that time change on forum appears not to have worked.

Post is showing

Today, 10:22 AM

where it is 9:22 AM local time here in the midwest.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            Thanks guys!

Yes posted and check time of post here and it is one hour ahead such that time change on forum appears not to have worked.

Post is showing

Today, 10:22 AM

where it is 9:22 AM local time here in the midwest.
            Until this gets corrected you can go into User Settings -> Account and turn off DST corrections.

Ken

EDIT: Oops. Interestingly enough, that setting doesn't fix the problem. How's that?

EDIT2: It helps if you click "Save Changes" when you change the setting. Works as expected now.
            Last edited by kenm; November 6, 2018, 12:43 PM. Reason: See EDIT:
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

how 'bout now? looks OK to me.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                how 'bout now? looks OK to me.
                Yes sir!
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Looks good. Back to auto-dst setting.
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

unfortunately, it's not automated on my side so... I'll look for posts in this thread again in about 6 months!
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      unfortunately, it's not automated on my side so... I'll look for posts in this thread again in about 6 months!
                      That's what Outlook calendar reminders are for. My wife drives a Jaguar sedan and parks in a garage which is under the house in the side of a hill. The clock on the car auto syncs via GPS but not as long as it's under the house. I wrote a note to her and left it in the owners manual saying "back out of the garage to set clock" after the third time she asked me how to change the clock in her car.

Comment

Working...
                      X