Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the @ command work on this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the @ command work on this forum?

I'm curious if i'm using this right, or maybe folks are just ignoring me :-).

If i tag someone like rich using rjh …. does he see this somewhere and know to respond?

Tomgru You should see a red icon with a number in the "Notifications" link in the top right corner. You may also get an email depending on your forum settings.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Tomgru You should see a red icon with a number in the "Notifications" link in the top right corner. You may also get an email depending on your forum settings.
      I did check that, but all I see is notifications to threads I subscribe to. So I did check there after you responded - it showed that somebody responded to this thread... Nothing indicating that I was reference to using the @ command.

sparkman can you post a screenshot of what I should be seeing?

Comment

Tomgru Can you @ me again as I went to the thread before checking my notifications. Also make sure your notifications are set to notify you when someone @'s you. Also, don't quote my post at the same time, as the email notification I received only showed that you quoted me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	166.0 KB ID:	1299204
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

sparkman … I see it now....

sparkman mentioned you in a post: How does the @ command work on this forum?

The downside is that this is just lumped in with every other thread I subscribe to, so no way to filter on threads that have changed (new replies), vs. threads that specifically call me out using the @.

Using my Rich example... he probably has 100's of notifications, so not surprising he wouldn't see any that used the @ singled out/prioritized.

Comment

Working...
          X