Forum on Android phone / Chrome browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum on Android phone / Chrome browser

I've moved from Tapatalk to the mobile web version of the forum and have generally enjoyed the mobile web experience. Two issues persist, one that affects usability and one that's only aesthetic:

1. Usability. In order to click the "Go to Last Post" button on any post, I have to zoom in slightly on my screen. Otherwise the button press isn't detected. I've tried pressing repeatedly in various locations on/around the button, thinking it's just my finger not finding the tiny button, but it never works. If I zoom in slightly, it works every time. This was the same on my Galaxy S7 and now my Galaxy S10+ and is a real pain when trying to get through a bunch of posts. Anyone else have this problem? Can that button be made a bit larger, either by HS or as a vB feature request?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inked2019-04-26 08.42.57_LI.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1301312

2. Aesthetic. I keep a Chrome shortcut on my android home screen directly to the forum. Oddly, the default icon for the forum is a Tapatalk icon rather than Homeseer. See below. 2nd shortcut from left is homeseer.com and 3rd from left is homeseer.com/downloads. The one on the right is forums.homeseer.com. It lets me change the text when the shortcut is created, but not the icon. I believe it's coded into the mobile site as these icons are automatically generated for a given site, and I don't even have tapatalk installed. Can this be changed?

Name:	2019-04-26 08.34.56-2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1301311

Thanks.
    -Wade

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    2. Aesthetic. I keep a Chrome shortcut on my android home screen directly to the forum. Oddly, the default icon for the forum is a Tapatalk icon rather than Homeseer. See below. 2nd shortcut from left is homeseer.com and 3rd from left is homeseer.com/downloads. The one on the right is forums.homeseer.com. It lets me change the text when the shortcut is created, but not the icon. I believe it's coded into the mobile site as these icons are automatically generated for a given site, and I don't even have tapatalk installed. Can this be changed?

Name:	2019-04-26 08.34.56-2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	1301311

Thanks.
    Since these are Chrome shortcuts, they must be pulling int the favicon.ico images. This is working correctly for homeseer.com but for some reason, is using the tapatalk icon for forums.homeseer.com. Did you have Tapatalk installed at one point? There may be a caching issue here. Maybe try cleaning your Chrome browser cache... that might fix it. This is what Chrome should be using: https://forums.homeseer.com/favicon.ico
    website | products | support | youtube

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Since these are Chrome shortcuts, they must be pulling int the favicon.ico images. This is working correctly for homeseer.com but for some reason, is using the tapatalk icon for forums.homeseer.com. Did you have Tapatalk installed at one point? There may be a caching issue here. Maybe try cleaning your Chrome browser cache... that might fix it. This is what Chrome should be using: https://forums.homeseer.com/favicon.ico
      Clearing Chrome cache didn't fix it. Even cleared all chrome data -- bookmarks, settings, etc. No luck. Must be a setting left from tapatalk and no idea how to get rid of it. Tried reinstalling tapatalk, checking for any obvious settings, then uninstalling again.

After clearing all Chrome data here's what I get when opening forums.homeseer.com (or any other url associated with tapatalk) so obviously something cached in my phone but who knows where.

Name:	Inked2019-04-26 11.32.43_LI.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1301346

Thanks for the reply and open to other suggestions from anyone who know the inner workings of android.
      -Wade

Comment

I gave up on Chrome with my Android phone and instead went to Opera. This works real well and I've never looked back.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
        X