How to Enable Multiple Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Enable Multiple Events

I have multiple events that are disabled . I would like one event that will enable all at once and another one event that will disable all again. I cannot find a way to do this. Is this possible without enabling/disabling each event individually? It would be a time saver if I could.

If the events are all in one Group, you could use a Group Condition to accomplish this. I have a Group for my outside lights. I have a Virtual Device called Run Outside Events. The Group Condition is set to If Run Outside Lights Events has a value equal to On. So I set this device to On and the events iin the Outside group run. Turn it to Off and they do not.

Otherwise, if you actually need to Enable/Disable the events you may need a script.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

Otherwise, if you actually need to Enable/Disable the events you may need a script.
      Or EasyTrigger plugin.
      -Wade

Comment

Thanks. It's a tab more complex than the Group Conditions can handle, I think. I have 15 events. Each event, for example, turns a light on and then off (some do other things) after a period of time and depending on the time of day. I use this when I am on vacation. I would like to enable all events before I leave using one command and then disable them when I return with one command. I'm just lazy. Now, I enable each event before I leave and then disable each when I return. I tried to Occupancy PlugIn but had no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by spudbw View Post
          Thanks. It's a tab more complex than the Group Conditions can handle, I think. I have 15 events. Each event, for example, turns a light on and then off (some do other things) after a period of time and depending on the time of day. I use this when I am on vacation. I would like to enable all events before I leave using one command and then disable them when I return with one command. I'm just lazy. Now, I enable each event before I leave and then disable each when I return. I tried to Occupancy PlugIn but had no joy.
          I use an virtual device for this type of need. Simply toggle the virtual device for "at home" or "vacation" and the appropriate events run / don't run.
          Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
          Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
          Number of Devices: 633
          Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.54.0: BLBackup
          2.0.40.0: BLLAN
          3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
          30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
          3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
          3.0.0.87: weatherXML
          3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I have 11 events in my Outside group and the Group Condition works well. Some are set to run and others are disabled. The only time any which are set to run do run is when the condition is true. In this case my Virtual Device called Run Outside Events is set to On. The ones which have Never run would not have run yet for various reasons, such as one is Manually run. So the internal conditions for each event still apply, the Group Condition just determines if the Events which are set to run will be checked to possibly run. So I use this as a way to enable or disable these events as a Group.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 12.38.24 PM.png
Views:	125
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1334520

Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Thanks for the clarification and suggestions. I've got a vacation coming up and this will save me some time.

Comment

this is something I wanted to do in HS2... and didn't.. then never did in HS3... whelp.. HS4 sounds like I gotta get on the ball!!!!!
                kinda reminds me of the ... Is Holiday...
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                X