Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark All Forums Read not working (at least not on Chrome for iPad)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark All Forums Read not working (at least not on Chrome for iPad)

I read the forum on an iPad, using Chrome. It works well except that when I click on “Mark All Forums Read” it basically does nothing. I know I could use TapATalk, etc., to read the forum, but a browser is how I consume most media, so... ot a deal breaker, but thought I’d note it.
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

It works fine for me with Chrome and IE on my desktop and Safari on my iPad. I just loaded Chrome on this iPad and it works here as well. When I mark all forums read, “New Unread Topics” is empty and “Today’s Posts” no longer show any as bolded.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I have to select Forums Link, then the Mark Forums Read for it to work. If I'm in search results it doesn't work.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hmmm... Good feedback. Let me try a few combinations over the next week or so.
        Madcodger

Comment

Update...

Discovered that if I’m in the “New Unread Topics” section and hit “Mark All Forums Read”, it doesn’t work (on iPad, at least). But if I click “Forums”, and THEN click the link to “Mark All Forums Read”, it works fine. Works for me, anyway, and makes it easier to stay current with the forum.
          Madcodger

Comment

Originally posted by Madcodger View Post
            Update...

Discovered that if I’m in the “New Unread Topics” section and hit “Mark All Forums Read”, it doesn’t work (on iPad, at least). But if I click “Forums”, and THEN click the link to “Mark All Forums Read”, it works fine. Works for me, anyway, and makes it easier to stay current with the forum.
            Yep, this is how I was attempting to explain it above.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Madcodger View Post
              Update...

That is interesting. On my iPad Using Chrome (just now) I was in the list created by “New Unread Topics”, showing 3 pages of posts. I clicked on “Mark All Forums Read”, I was redirected to forums and a subsequent request for “New Unread Topics” came up blank. It works the same way with Safari (my usual browser on the iPad) and with Chrome or IE on my Windows computers. I wonder why it behaves differently for some people.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                That is interesting. On my iPad Using Chrome (just now) I was in the list created by “New Unread Topics”, showing 3 pages of posts. I clicked on “Mark All Forums Read”, I was redirected to forums and a subsequent request for “New Unread Topics” came up blank. It works the same way with Safari (my usual browser on the iPad) and with Chrome or IE on my Windows computers. I wonder why it behaves differently for some people.
                That is odd. I get no redirect... Perhaps a setting in Chrome?
                Madcodger

Comment

Working...
                X