Posting and editing errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting and editing errors

every time I try and post a message I get this error message. If I try to post again sometimes it works - even though I still get the error message that says it didn't. I've several duplicate posts as a result of not knowing. I'm using Win10 and Edge. Any ideas?
    Malcolm

Try clearing your browser's cache and test. Also try logging out of the forums and logging back in.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am also getting these. I have cleaned everything and am using a different browser to post this. Odd Problem

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Try clearing your browser's cache and test. Also try logging out of the forums and logging back in.
        Cleared my cache (I log in and out every visit). Doesn't seem to have made a difference.
        Malcolm

Comment

If I click OK twice the second time it seems to post (although I still get the error). I've tried with Chrome and Firefox and get the same error.
          Malcolm

Comment

posting fails in chrome but works in chromium. Just got pushed a chrome update this am??? correlated???

Comment

I cleared the board cache. Try again.

Comment

sorry, no difference
                Attached Files
                Malcolm

Comment

I'm using Edge / Chromium Version 83.0.478.28 (Official build) beta (64-bit). But it fails also in Chroma and Firefox so I don't think it's a browser issue.
                  Malcolm

Comment

As a test try creating a new account and post. There have been times in the past where a user account has become corrupt. Also does this happen when you are at home. Have you tried it on maybe a cell phone on cellular data to see if you see the same as there have been instances of antivirus software causing this issue as well.

Comment

Test post from cell over 4G

That worked with no error...
                      Malcolm

Comment

I have two browsers on the same computer, chromium and chrome. I can post on chromium. I cannot post on chrome. This eliminates hardware, firewalls and ISP for me. My whole system is linux including the router and NAS except one virtual windows machine. The change occurred when I upgraded chrome on update manager.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
                          I can post on chromium. I cannot post on chrome.
                          when you say you cannot post - is that never? If I press the OK message on the Please Try Again message twice it does post - even though I still get the error message.
                          Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            As a test try creating a new account and post.
                            tried that - same result. Messages are sitting unapproved at the moment

Is there any way I can delete the test account?
                            Malcolm

Comment

I get the warning above. No matter how many time I press, I get the error as above. More interesting is I just tried it again and after pushing post multiple time it posted but I got the same error every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X