HSTouch Legacy forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Legacy forum?

What is the purpose of the HSTouch forum in the Legacy section? It seems to be easier to find for new users than the one buried in Software Products, but aside from snarky posts about how outdated it is, what makes it 'Legacy Software'?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

It might be intentional as HST is pushing Mobile app.. Every time I have called (a year ago) with some HS touch issue it was strongly recommended to me to install HS mobile app instead of HS Touch almost like HS mobile was successor of HS Touch and they were comparable products. Go figure..

Less exposure = fewer problems to deal with..

Makes perfect sense to me..

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0
      Ok...but why did they start to sell it $300 instead of $200 last year?
      matt To discourage people from getting it maybe?

What would you rather do? Buying overpriced outdated software or trying Free mobile app? Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post

What would you rather do? Buying overpriced outdated software or trying Free mobile app? Just saying.
        Cut your losses and move on ?

Comment

Regarding the original post, HSTouch is under legacy but the current version is actually HS3Touch. I know, it's confusing because everybody just says HSTouch.

Anyways, if you look at the comparison chart https://homeseer.com/home-automation-software/ (scroll down to "Compare HS4 Software Editions") the BIG difference between HS4 and HS4PRO is HSTouch Designer. In some forum chats HS mentions that HSTouch is not going away despite HSTouch Mobile. Unfortunately, we didn't get an HS4Touch and their plan doesn't show it on their list, either. So I am disappointed because that was one of the main features why I moved to HS (besides not having to pay a monthly fee and HS being a local service that doesn't depend on the internet). As for the confusion, I think HS intentionally doesn't refer to HS3Touch because HS is on version 4 but HSTouch is still on version 3. It's not a good sign...which really makes me reconsider my choice.......

Comment

HS Mobile is not HS Touch is not Imperihome is not "insert integration of choice"

I sincerely hope that HS doesn't rely on their mobile interface / app as their "IT" for UI / mobile interfaces as it leaves a lot to be desired.

About a year ago I bought a full/pro version of HS3, thinking I found the holy grail after using things like Wink, Smart things, Zipato
            but the UI was terrible... (I manage, wife doesn't). I got imperihome on a deal and it covers all my needs and looks "pretty"
            A year later my imperihome expired and now I can pay again or... (I don't like reoccurring fees so...)
            At this point I had a few options... I could invest MANY MANY hours with HS touch (and I'm no graphical designer by any means)
            to come up with something descent (that would still look amateurish) or I could look at options....

UI Design v.s. complete reconfiguration.
            I did upgrade to HS4 (next big thing and all that) and reality was a bit.. emperors new clothes ?
            Call me a victim of the times, but I don't have patience to wait for what might be, so I chose the latter....
            As much as I like HS and how reliable it's been, I just didn't see a path forward.

At this point I basically started over... granted, COVID is a huge contributor as I now had time to tinker but it still highlights the issue.
            I'm not a die hard 10+ year fan, I'm not brand new... I'm in the ecosystem (paid license(s) and all, and I still choose to abandon ship...

Comment

mr.Magoo Are you saying your are moving to a different platform? Which one? I completely agree with your statement "I could invest MANY MANY hours with HS touch (and I'm no graphical designer by any means) to come up with something descent (that would still look amateurish) or I could look at options...." I think HS wants to make this easier with HSTouch Mobile but it excludes all the custom market. I am still sticking with HS because I don't know of any better option. The fact that they are neglecting HSTouch Designer is a BIG issue for me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                What is the purpose of the HSTouch forum in the Legacy section? It seems to be easier to find for new users than the one buried in Software Products, but aside from snarky posts about how outdated it is, what makes it 'Legacy Software'?
                That refers to the original HSTouch system for HS2. With that configuration, a separate HSTouch server plugin was required. Since HS3, HSTouch has been incorporated into the core software. I have renamed the legacy forum "HSTouch for HS2" to avoid any future confusion.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                  Regarding the original post, HSTouch is under legacy but the current version is actually HS3Touch. I know, it's confusing because everybody just says HSTouch.

Anyways, if you look at the comparison chart https://homeseer.com/home-automation-software/ (scroll down to "Compare HS4 Software Editions") the BIG difference between HS4 and HS4PRO is HSTouch Designer. In some forum chats HS mentions that HSTouch is not going away despite HSTouch Mobile. Unfortunately, we didn't get an HS4Touch and their plan doesn't show it on their list, either. So I am disappointed because that was one of the main features why I moved to HS (besides not having to pay a monthly fee and HS being a local service that doesn't depend on the internet). As for the confusion, I think HS intentionally doesn't refer to HS3Touch because HS is on version 4 but HSTouch is still on version 3. It's not a good sign...which really makes me reconsider my choice.......
                  HS3Touch has been rebranded HSTouch and the forum that refers to the legacy version of HSTouch has been renamed HSTouch for HS2. I hope this helps to reduce confusion going forward.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

HS3Touch has been rebranded HSTouch and the forum that refers to the legacy version of HSTouch has been renamed HSTouch for HS2. I hope this helps to reduce confusion going forward.
                    Oh, that must be very recent (a week or so) because I always searched for HS3Touch. I kind of saw this change (HS3Touch to HSTouch) in other places. I assumed it's because there is no HS4Touch. I REALLY still hope we will see an HS4Touch....

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
                      It might be intentional as HST is pushing Mobile app.. Every time I have called (a year ago) with some HS touch issue it was strongly recommended to me to install HS mobile app instead of HS Touch almost like HS mobile was successor of HS Touch and they were comparable products. Go figure..

HS Mobile is not a replacement for HS Touch. Yes, they're pushing HS Mobile in place of the iphone/android phone HS Touch client for general purpose usage, but HS Touch is a full featured (albeit a bit buggy) customization platform for things like touch screens, wall displays, etc. I use HS Touch to create the custom screens for my control PCs around the house, for wall mounted ipad in the hallway (including alarm console, etc, done in HS Touch). HS Mobile is not intended to do that.

Homeseer has stated that HS Touch isn't going away, which is good, because Homeseer would become pretty much useless to me if it did. That being said, they also absolutely have some updating/bug swatting that needs to be done to it. I'm ok with them getting HS4 under control first, as long as they do get to HS Touch again one of these days and help solve some of the problems with HS Touch that are years old....

regards,

Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X