Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC1 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My sanity is restored.
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
      TC1 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My sanity is restored.
      LOL.... I usually need a bottle of bourbon for that.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

LOL.... I usually need a bottle of bourbon for that.
        Yeah. I probably overstated my recovery but, still thanks for doing this.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Yeah. I probably overstated my recovery but, still thanks for doing this.
          You're very welcomed!

Comment

Great! But it ignores this post.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
              Great! But it ignores this post.
              Which version are you using? This post will disappear from the "Unread posts' version once you've "caught up", but not from the Today's Posts version.

Comment

For those wondering or want to do this on their own, the forum software allows an "exclude" statement to ignore what's known as nodes or channels in the software. All I did was figure out what the node/channel # was for the HS4 Insteon forum and then tacked that onto the URL that's normally generated for the Today's Posts or Unread Posts buttons at top.

"exclude":"1515837"

The problem was that the software is setup to generated encoded JSON which looks confusing, I simply used a utility to unencode it to make it more human readable. the forum software will take both unencoded and encoded JSON commands.

The exclude statement will also use an array of values, so one could ignore multiple forums.

Comment

Which version are you using? This post will disappear from the "Unread posts' version once you've "caught up", but not from the Today's Posts version.
                  I am using this version <code> https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON={%22view%22:%22topic%22,%22unread_only%22: 1,%22sort%22:{%22l%20astcontent%22:%22desc%22},%22exclude_ty pe%22:[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22],%22exclude%22:%221515837%22} </code>

It is also giving me many more than only "Today's Posts"

Comment

I am using this version <code> https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON={%22view%22:%22topic%22,%22unread_only%22: 1,%22sort%22:{%22l%20astcontent%22:%22desc%22},%22exclude_ty pe%22:[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22],%22exclude%22:%221515837%22} </code>

It is also giving me many more than only "Today's Posts"
                    Yeah, that's the Unread Posts URL. Try this one:

Code:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON={%22last%22:{%22from%22:%22lastDay%22},%22view%22:%22topic%22,%22starter_only%22:+1,%22sort%22:{%22lastcontent%22:%22desc%22},%22exclude_type%22:[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22],%22exclude%22:%221515837%22}

Comment

Yeah, that's the Unread Posts URL. Try this one:

Code:
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/search?searchJSON={%22last%22:{%22from%22:%22lastDay%22},%22view%22:%22topic%22,%22starter_only%22:+1,%22sort%22:{%22lastcontent%22:%22desc%22},%22exclude_type%22:[%22vBForum_PrivateMessage%22],%22exclude%22:%221515837%22}
                      You rock! 👏 I can go back to counting sheep at night instead of Insteons.

Comment

Thank you, you have restored my sanity.....

Comment

You rock! 👏 I can go back to counting sheep at night instead of Insteons.
                          Thank TC1 That's his handiwork. I just re-posted his URL from an earlier post.

Comment

Working...
                          X