Missed or Delayed Notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed or Delayed Notifications

I've noticed in the last couple of weeks the email notifications of topic updates are arriving 5-6 hours after the update or not at all. I've checked the message headers and the delay isn't through my email server.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have noticed this a few times. I'm guessing it's due to all the new Insteon activity, and a lot more emails are being sent now as opposed to before April 15. Just a guess tho.

Comment

Well, it's just called a server and bandwidth upgrade if customer requirements have gone up so much! Which should be a good thing.

Comment

True, but I'm guessing this will ebb in a month or so, once the initial panic is over.

Comment

As someone who owns another forum that uses the same software, this usually happens when there are bouncing emails in the queue. If someone is set up for notifications on a topic or subforum, and their email address is bouncing emails, it will throw off the whole queue. An admin will need to look at the logs to find the culprit, remove that user, and then flush the email queue to get it flowing smoothly again.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
            I've noticed in the last couple of weeks the email notifications of topic updates are arriving 5-6 hours after the update or not at all. I've checked the message headers and the delay isn't through my email server.

This delay has been going on forever for me (year or two, at least). So, for me, it is definitely not a recent issue.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

Thanks for posting. I'm having the same problem. Rich posted something for me to test and I didn't get notified until the next day.

Comment

It happened right after the last forum upgrade. Email notification on thread posts are delayed by many hours.
                HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                72 Z-Wave Nodes, 111 Events, 422 Devices
                Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
                Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

This issue is common these days. I got the same issue on another website. Maybe it has something to do with the overall network bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
                  X