Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Prefer a Different Forum Platform for HomeSeer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my biggest gripes with this version of vBulletin.

1. Not keeping track of the last post I read.
    2. Can't past an image directly into a post. The upload process vBulletin uses is a PITA.

IMHO there are bigger fish to fry so staying with the current software is probably best solution.

Comment

Originally posted by dmurphy View Post
      ... plenty of bigger fish to fry!
      like what?
      Learn About HomeSeer

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

like what?
        OK. I'll bite. 😀The new HSTouch Designer.

Comment

How about:
          • Additional items working with voice control.
          • Local control of devices via Google Home
          (I am doing both of these with Node-RED and the Smart NORA contrib including running my Squeezebox LMS devices and Denon receiver)

More User Friendly for the do-everything-from-my-phone crowd device integration as in Discovery of items out there.
          And I am sure there is a whole open floodgate of items about to follow...
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          242 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          37 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

like what?
            Voice controlled creation of evenrs.

----
            John

Comment

only issue i have is new unread... i get the list and 2 things..
              1. once i go into a thread and hit the back button, i am looking at 30-60 seconds till page loads again...
              2. would be nice to check off threads then dismiss in addition to just the dismiss button.
              just my thoughts as I am struggling through 250 threads right now...
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I use Discord for Homebridge, Scrypted, and Comma Ai, so personally I would love Discord in addition to this forum.

Comment

No, I prefer vBulletin regardless of it shortfalls. Changing to newer platforms such as XenForo or Discord, even though are modern, well designed, I find them not as easy as vbulletin especially when searching for older posts. However, I do admit that they have lots of benefits especially for mobile and discord client software is excellent.

Comment

Stay with vBulletin. I use (and don't like) a couple of Discord channels; they remind me of the old CompuServe dialup bulletin boards of the late 80's.

Comment

Discord can be good if the channels are set up well, but not a replacement for a forum. More of a supplement. For instance, a Channel on a Discord Server can be nice for helping someone work through an Event setup or Node-RED flow, but then posting the resulting information to a Forum Post is a good idea for documenting the question and resulting solution. Discord, Slack, and other discussion message systems are only good for near real time discussion and not for documenting a discussion.
                      Karl S
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      242 Devices
                      56 Z-Wave Nodes
                      37 Events
                      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                      Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Please just stick with vBulletin. It can always be improved and just hope they will fil in the gaps. I just hate channel based - or as ksum mentions correctly discussion based - forums like Discord. I never can find the stuff I need, unless I spend hours on it. To much work, not enough time. This forum allows me to work the way I do, not necessarily forcing me to do how a majority works.

macromark
                        One enhancement I really would like is a central overview of recorded issues that are logged in Jira (which HST is using). Please enable this as now everyone is logging double issues in the closed manner you are using now. Even a structure for publishing the short descriptions and an eventual limited description and a "me too" button would do if you think the details could contain to much personal stuff.... but we should be able to see what issues are open and current.

Now we are looking at the updates rjh is publishing, which is great, but the accompanying HSC numbers and its somtimes three word description just do not mean much to us users....

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

+1 Staying put.

Comment

Working...
                          X