Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Prefer a Different Forum Platform for HomeSeer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would You Prefer a Different Forum Platform for HomeSeer?

Our forum has been based on vBulletin for many years and is currently on vBulletin 5. it works but it does occasionally presents some challenges (speed, update issues, etc). We don't have any immediate need to make a change but we are curious to get your opinion on the matter. Do you have experience with other platforms? If so, what do you like and why?

EDIT: Please respond only with suggestions for a preferred platform (if any) or to confirm that the current platform is preferred.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

whatever tivocommunity.com uses, i like that one. just a lot more eye candy for me

Comment

This version looks great, in my opinion. The page loads could be better, sometimes taking a few seconds to load.
      Just dont add any non-HomeSeer ads!
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The current forum works fine for me thanks to some filtering tips from other users. Please don't go to Discourse which is what Node-RED uses. IMHO, it is terrible. And while I'm at it, please don't move to Discord, Twitter, nor Facebook. I've stopped using products that went to Social Media support only.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I'm happy with this.

Comment

I'm happy with this. Except when you delete someone's post, the poster should be notified.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
              I'm happy with this. Except when you delete someone's post, the poster should be notified.
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...platform-topic
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Despite its warts, I would stick with vBulletin. Transferring to different software will present a learning curve to current users and it is nearly impossible to transfer years of vBulletin data to a different forum software unless the new one offers an import tool.

On my 2 big motorcycle forums we started on ubbthreads and moved to vBulletin. After weeks of trying we were only able to get users transferred and they all had to go through a recovery process to set their passwords. The post data wouldn’t work.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I like this one

Comment

Stick with this one.

Comment

I'm also happy with the current forum; even with its slight quirks. As I've said before in the past, this board has a wealth of resource information going back many years and would be a massive loss to the community if it could not be imported to any new solution. Sure you could keep Vbulletin running as a read only board but would not be a good solution in my opinion.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                        Our forum has been based on vBulletin for many years and is currently on vBulletin 5. it works but it does occasionally presents some challenges (speed, update issues, etc). We don't have any immediate need to make a change but we are curious to get your opinion on the matter. Do you have experience with other platforms? If so, what do you like and why?

EDIT: Please respond only with suggestions for a preferred platform (if any) or to confirm that the current platform is preferred.
                        Sub- Reddit
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I'm good with this as well. It's got a couple of warts as mentioned. Speed and access to content works fine for me.
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm happy with this forum software. I think it's better than Simple Machines SMF, for example, and I surely wouldn't want it to be on Discord or Reddit. I support a few things on Reddit and one of its biggest problems is the inability to include screenshots without using external file-sharing sites.

Comment

I'm happy with this one.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X