Message Board Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    FYI - I have one more tweak coming (probably Monday) that I know everyone is going to like... stay tuned!
    Sub-Threads inside a Thread?
    The addition of being able to mark a Post as the Answer with a Cash Bonuses for number of Correct Answers and Liked Posts?
    Inline Videos?
    A Chat option?
    A way to quickly navigate to different Forums and Subforums like maybe a dropdown menu?
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

Sub-Threads inside a Thread?
      The addition of being able to mark a Post as the Answer with a Cash Bonuses for number of Correct Answers and Liked Posts?
      Inline Videos?
      A Chat option?
      A way to quickly navigate to different Forums and Subforums like maybe a dropdown menu?
      You're warm with one of those guesses!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The forum has become too large and bloated!

1. So many dead threads/hanging/rant threads, delete or quarantine them? Like when "Solved" is used, your answer could be here!

2. Hosted Q&A Chat rooms by volunteer gurus say once a month for x time period, would reduce forum posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          The forum has become too large and bloated!

1. So many dead threads/hanging/rant threads, delete or quarantine them? Like when "Solved" is used, your answer could be here!

2. Hosted Q&A Chat rooms by volunteer gurus say once a month for x time period, would reduce forum posts?
          Mark post that are more than X years old. CLOSED I saw a post resurrected from 2015 in which most of the information was outdated. Don't delete them, but lock them somehow.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Latest update has been installed. You can now copy/paste images directly into posts!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ges-into-posts

Comment

Noticed emails subscriptions don't come through as hyperlinks now. Can that be re-enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                Noticed emails subscriptions don't come through as hyperlinks now. Can that be re-enabled?
                Mine came in with a link. That is how I got here:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	152
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1567882

Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                  They do for me also

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	20.0 KB ID:	1567894

Comment

The links are not showing yahoo mail...

Views:	146
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1567904
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      The links are not showing yahoo mail...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	48.4 KB ID:	1567904
                      Mine still have the hyperlinks.

The emails are probably being stripped of HTML and sent as plain text. Probably a Yahoo setting.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                        Mine still have the hyperlinks.

The emails are probably being stripped of HTML and sent as plain text. Probably a Yahoo setting.
                        Perhaps Yahoo recently made a change that is doing this? We use GMail as our provider and links work just fine on that platform.

Comment

On the left is an email from 9/23 (before the upgrade) and on the right, the one from today.

Views:	136
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	1567929
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I forwarded the notification for the above email to my Yahoo account. When I did I copied 2 lines, pasted them into the body, and removed the link, so that it was just raw text. Below is that email as received and opened in my Yahoo account using Chrome browser on Windows. So it is not Yahoo itself. Maybe the browser? A search does not show any setting in Yahoo which would turn this off, although there was a reference to this with regards to messages coming out of Atlassian in April 2022.

Views:	149
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1567935

Karl S
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            1070 Devices
                            56 Z-Wave Nodes
                            104 Events

Comment

I'm on Outlook.com (aka Hotmail) and no links after the upgrade.

Comment

I have a fix to try for this. Will take a look at implementing it tomorrow. it's not a setting but is a bit of code to add to templates.

Comment

Working...
                                X